Anti-14-3-3 Tau antibody [3B9] (ab10439)
- Product nameAnti-14-3-3 Tau antibody [3B9]See all 14-3-3 Tau primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [3B9] to 14-3-3 Tau
- Specificityab10439 recognises theta/tau isoform. The antibody does not react with the 14-3-3 zeta isoform.
- Tested applicationsFlow Cyt, IP, WB, IHC-P, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Cow, Human
Recombinant full length protein.
- Positive controlWhole extracts of mouse 3T3, rat PC12, human Jurkat, or normal fibroblasts or bovine MDBK cells. This antibody gave a positive signal during western blot in the following whole cell lysates: MBA MD 231; HeLa; A431; Jurkat; Y79; NIH3T3.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 3mM Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS, pH 7.5
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number3B9
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab10439 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use 1µg for 106 cells.|
|IP||IP: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|WB||WB: 1/5000. Detects a band of approximately 31 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 28 kDa).|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution. PubMed: 19960480|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
- FunctionAdapter protein implicated in the regulation of a large spectrum of both general and specialized signaling pathways. Binds to a large number of partners, usually by recognition of a phosphoserine or phosphothreonine motif. Binding generally results in the modulation of the activity of the binding partner. Negatively regulates the kinase activity of PDPK1.
- Tissue specificityAbundantly expressed in brain, heart and pancreas, and at lower levels in kidney and placenta. Up-regulated in the lumbar spinal cord from patients with sporadic amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) compared with controls, with highest levels of expression in individuals with predominant lower motor neuron involvement.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the 14-3-3 family.
modificationsSer-232 is probably phosphorylated by CK1.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. In neurons, axonally transported to the nerve terminals.
- 14 3 3 protein T cell antibody14 3 3 protein tau antibody14 3 3 protein theta antibody
- 14 3 3 tau antibody14 3 3 theta antibody14-3-3 Binding Motif antibody14-3-3 protein T-cell antibody14-3-3 protein tau antibody14-3-3 protein theta antibody14-3-3-TAU antibody14-3-3-THETA antibody1433T_HUMAN antibody1C5 antibodyHS1 antibodyKCIP1 antibodyProtein HS1 antibodyProtein kinase C inhibitor protein 1 antibodyProtein tau antibodyT-CELL antibodytyr3/trp5 monooxygenase activation protein, theta antibodyTyrosine 3 monooxygenase/tryptophan 5 monooxygenase activation protein, theta polypeptide antibodyYWHAQ antibody
Anti-14-3-3 Tau antibody [3B9] images
ICC/IF image of ab10439 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 100% methanol fixed (5 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab10439, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
All lanes : Anti-14-3-3 Tau antibody [3B9] (ab10439)
Lane 1 : MDA-MB-231 (Human breast adenocarcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 : HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 3 : A431 (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 4 : Jurkat (Human T cell lymphoblast-like cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 5 : Y79 (Human retinoblastoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 6 : NIH 3T3 (Mouse embryonic fibroblast cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
Goat polyclonal Secondary Antibody to Mouse IgG - H&L (HRP), pre-adsorbed (ab97040) at 1/5000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 28 kDa
Observed band size : 31 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Additional bands at : 120 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time : 1 minute
Overlay histogram showing SH-SY5Y cells stained with ab10439 (red line). The cells were fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab10439, 1µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG1 [ICIGG1] (ab91353, 2µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed. This antibody gave a positive signal in SH-SY5Y cells fixed with 80% methanol (5 min)/permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min used under the same conditions.
References for Anti-14-3-3 Tau antibody [3B9] (ab10439)
This product has been referenced in:
- Slone SR et al. 14-3-3theta Protects against Neurotoxicity in a Cellular Parkinson's Disease Model through Inhibition of the Apoptotic Factor Bax. PLoS One 6:e21720 (2011). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 21799745) »
- Broadbelt KG et al. Brainstem deficiency of the 14-3-3 regulator of serotonin synthesis: a proteomics analysis in the sudden infant death syndrome. Mol Cell Proteomics : (2011). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 21976671) »