Anti-14-3-3 Tau antibody (ab52834)
- Product nameAnti-14-3-3 Tau antibodySee all 14-3-3 Tau primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse polyclonal to 14-3-3 Tau
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
Predicted to work with: Rat, Rabbit, Chicken, Cow, Human, Xenopus laevis, Cynomolgus Monkey, Orangutan
Vector coding for a partial recombinant fusion protein, corresponding to amino acids 51-151 of Mouse 14-3-3 Tau. Target sequence used to make the antibody: VVGGRRSAWR VISSIEQKTD TSDKKLQLIK DYREKVESEL RSICTTVLEL LDKYLIANAT NPESKVFYLK MKGDYFRYLA EVACGDDRKQ TIENSQGAYQ
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, Whole serum
- PurityWhole antiserum
- Primary antibody notes This antibody was raised by a genetic immunization technique. Genetic immunization can be used to generate antibodies by directly delivering antigen-coding DNA into the animal, rather than injecting a protein or peptide (Tang et al. PubMed: 1545867; Chambers and Johnston PubMed 12910245; Barry and Johnston PubMed: 9234514). The animal's cells produce the protein, which stimulates the animal's immune system to produce antibodies against that particular protein. A vector coding for a partial fusion protein was used for genetic immunisation of a mouse and the resulting serum was tested in Western blot against an E.coli lysate containing that partial fusion protein. Genetic immunization offers enormous advantages over the traditional protein-based immunization method. DNA is faster, cheaper and easier to produce and can be produced by standard techniques readily amenable to automation. Furthermore, the antibodies generated by genetic immunization are usually of superior quality with regard to specificity, affinity and recognizing the native protein.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab52834 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
This antibody has been tested in Western blot against an E.coli lysate containing the partial recombinant fusion protein used as an immunogen. We have no data on detection of endogenous protein.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionAdapter protein implicated in the regulation of a large spectrum of both general and specialized signaling pathways. Binds to a large number of partners, usually by recognition of a phosphoserine or phosphothreonine motif. Binding generally results in the modulation of the activity of the binding partner. Negatively regulates the kinase activity of PDPK1.
- Tissue specificityAbundantly expressed in brain, heart and pancreas, and at lower levels in kidney and placenta. Up-regulated in the lumbar spinal cord from patients with sporadic amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) compared with controls, with highest levels of expression in individuals with predominant lower motor neuron involvement.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the 14-3-3 family.
modificationsSer-232 is probably phosphorylated by CK1.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. In neurons, axonally transported to the nerve terminals.
- Entrez Gene: 768311 Cow
- Entrez Gene: 10971 Human
- Entrez Gene: 22630 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 25577 Rat
- Omim: 609009 Human
- SwissProt: Q5ZMD1 Chicken
- SwissProt: Q3SZI4 Cow
- SwissProt: P27348 Human
- SwissProt: P68254 Mouse
- SwissProt: P68255 Rat
- SwissProt: Q52M98 Xenopus laevis
- Unigene: 74405 Human
- Unigene: 289630 Mouse
- Unigene: 2502 Rat
- Unigene: 46592 Xenopus laevis
- Unigene: 74593 Xenopus laevis
- 14 3 3 protein T cell antibody
- 14 3 3 protein tau antibody
- 14 3 3 protein theta antibody
- 14 3 3 tau antibody
- 14 3 3 theta antibody
- 14-3-3 protein T-cell antibody
- 14-3-3 protein tau antibody
- 14-3-3 protein theta antibody
- 1433T_HUMAN antibody
- 1C5 antibody
- HS1 antibody
- KCIP1 antibody
- Protein HS1 antibody
- Protein kinase C inhibitor protein 1 antibody
- Protein tau antibody
- tyr3/trp5 monooxygenase activation protein, theta antibody
- Tyrosine 3 monooxygenase/tryptophan 5 monooxygenase activation protein, theta polypeptide antibody
- Ywhaq antibody
Anti-14-3-3 Tau antibody images
All lanes : Anti-14-3-3 Tau antibody (ab52834) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : a total protein extract from E coli with 50ng to 100 ng of a tagged fusion protein of an irrelevant antigen
Lane 2 : a total protein extract from E coli with 50ng to 500ng of the antigen (tagged fusion protein)
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
Lane 1 : Rabbit anti-mouse IgG + IgM, (H+L) horseradish peroxidase conjugated, at 1/5000 dilution
Lane 2 : Rabbit anti-mouse IgG + IgM, (H+L) horseradish peroxidase conjugated, at 1/5000 dilution
Predicted band size : 28 kDa
References for Anti-14-3-3 Tau antibody (ab52834)
ab52834 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.