Anti-160 kD Neurofilament Medium antibody (ab30309)
- Product nameAnti-160 kD Neurofilament Medium antibodySee all 160 kD Neurofilament Medium primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to 160 kD Neurofilament Medium
- Tested applicationsIHC-P, ICC/IF, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Chicken, Human
Predicted to work with: all Mammals
Recombinant C-terminal fragment (Rat)
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Thimerosal (merthiolate)
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 1mg/ml BSA
- PurityWhole antiserum
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab30309 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 20635090|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: 1/100 - 1/1000.|
|WB||WB: 1/1000 - 1/5000. Predicted molecular weight: 102 kDa.|
- RelevanceNeurofilaments are the 10nm or intermediate filament proteins found specifically in neurons, and are composed predominantly of three major proteins called neurofilament light (NF-L), neurofilament medium (NF-M) and neurofilament heavy (NF-H). Neurofilament medium runs on SDS-PAGE gels in the range 145-170 kDa, with some variation in different species. Antibodies to this protein are useful to identify neurons and their processes in tissue sections and in tissue culture. Neurofilament medium can also be useful in studies of neurofilament accumulations seen in many neurological diseases, such as Lou Gehrig's disease or Alzheimer's disease.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm
- 150kDa medium antibody160 kDa neurofilament protein antibodyNEF 3 antibody
- NEF3 antibodyNEFM antibodyNeurofilament 3 antibodyNeurofilament medium polypeptide antibodyNeurofilament protein medium antibodyNeurofilament triplet M protein antibodyNeurofilament3 antibodyNF M antibodyNF160 antibodyNFM antibody
References for Anti-160 kD Neurofilament Medium antibody (ab30309)
This product has been referenced in:
- Seidel K et al. Axonal inclusions in spinocerebellar ataxia type 3. Acta Neuropathol 120:449-60 (2010). IHC-P ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 20635090) »
- Zhao X et al. Neuronal PPARgamma deficiency increases susceptibility to brain damage after cerebral ischemia. J Neurosci 29:6186-95 (2009). WB ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 19439596) »