Anti-160 kD Neurofilament Medium antibody (ab72998)
- Product nameAnti-160 kD Neurofilament Medium antibodySee all 160 kD Neurofilament Medium primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionChicken polyclonal to 160 kD Neurofilament Medium
- Tested applicationsWB, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Chicken, Human
Recombinant fusion protein containing the extreme C-terminus of rat 160 kD Neurofilament Medium protein expressed in and purified from E. coli.
- Positive controlRat cerebral cortex lysate.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 10mM Sodium Azide
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityIgY fraction
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab72998 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/5000. Detects a band of approximately 145 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 96 kDa).|
- RelevanceNeurofilaments are the 10nm or intermediate filament proteins found specifically in neurons, and are composed predominantly of three major proteins called neurofilament light (NF-L), neurofilament medium (NF-M) and neurofilament heavy (NF-H). Neurofilament medium runs on SDS-PAGE gels in the range 145-170 kDa, with some variation in different species. Antibodies to this protein are useful to identify neurons and their processes in tissue sections and in tissue culture. Neurofilament medium can also be useful in studies of neurofilament accumulations seen in many neurological diseases, such as Lou Gehrig's disease or Alzheimer's disease.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm
- 150kDa medium antibody160 kDa neurofilament protein antibodyNEF 3 antibody
- NEF M antibodyNEF3 antibodyNEFM antibodyNeurofilament 3 antibodyNeurofilament medium polypeptide antibodyNeurofilament protein medium antibodyNeurofilament triplet M protein antibodyNeurofilament3 antibodyNF 160 antibodyNF 165 antibodyNF M antibodyNF160 antibodyNF165 antibodyNFM antibody
Anti-160 kD Neurofilament Medium antibody images
Anti-160 kD Neurofilament Medium antibody (ab72998) at 1/5000 dilution + rat cerebral cortex lysate
Predicted band size : 96 kDa
Observed band size : 145 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
References for Anti-160 kD Neurofilament Medium antibody (ab72998)
ab72998 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.