Anti-160 kD Neurofilament Medium (phospho S614 + S619) antibody [EPR580(2)Y] (ab68142)
- Product nameAnti-160 kD Neurofilament Medium (phospho S614 + S619) antibody [EPR580(2)Y]See all 160 kD Neurofilament Medium primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR580(2)Y] to 160 kD Neurofilament Medium (phospho S614 + S619)
- Tested applicationsWB, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
A synthetic phospho-peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Serine 614/619 of human 160 kD Neurofilament Medium
- Positive controlSH-SY5Y cell lysates; human brain tissue
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA
- PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberEPR580(2)Y
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab68142 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
WB: 1/500. Detects a band of approximately 160 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 102 kDa).
Is unsuitable for Flow Cyt, ICC or IP.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- RelevanceNeurofilaments are the 10nm or intermediate filament proteins found specifically in neurons, and are composed predominantly of three major proteins called neurofilament light (NF-L), neurofilament medium (NF-M) and neurofilament heavy (NF-H). Neurofilament medium runs on SDS-PAGE gels in the range 145-170 kDa, with some variation in different species. Antibodies to this protein are useful to identify neurons and their processes in tissue sections and in tissue culture. Neurofilament medium can also be useful in studies of neurofilament accumulations seen in many neurological diseases, such as Lou Gehrig's disease or Alzheimer's disease.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm
- 150kDa medium antibody160 kDa neurofilament protein antibodyNEF 3 antibody
- NEF M antibodyNEF3 antibodyNEFM antibodyNeurofilament 3 antibodyNeurofilament protein medium antibodyNeurofilament triplet M protein antibodyNeurofilament3 antibodyNF 160 antibodyNF 165 antibodyNF M antibodyNF160 antibodyNF165 antibodyNFM antibody
Anti-160 kD Neurofilament Medium (phospho S614 + S619) antibody [EPR580(2)Y] images
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human brain tissue using ab68142 at a dilution of 1/100 - 1/250
All lanes : Anti-160 kD Neurofilament Medium (phospho S614 + S619) antibody [EPR580(2)Y] (ab68142) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : SH-SY5Y cell lysate treated with Alkaline phosphatase
Lane 2 : Untreated SH-SY5Y cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
HRP conjugated Goat anti-rabbit at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size : 102 kDa
Observed band size : 160 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
References for Anti-160 kD Neurofilament Medium (phospho S614 + S619) antibody [EPR580(2)Y] (ab68142)
ab68142 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.