2-Chloroadenosine (CADO) (ab120037)
- Product name2-Chloroadenosine (CADO)
- DescriptionAdenosine agonist
- Biological descriptionAdenosine receptor agonist. Metabolically stable analogue of adenosine. Anticonvulsant effects and neuroprotective in vivo.
- Purity> 98%
- Chemical name6-Amino-2-chloropurine riboside
- Molecular Weight301.69
- Chemical structure
- Molecular formulaC10H12ClN5O4
- CAS Number146-77-0
- PubChem identifier44320877
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C (desiccating conditions).
- Solubility overviewSoluble in DMSO to 25 mM
Providing storage is as stated on the product vial and the vial is kept tightly sealed, the product can be stored for up to 6 months.
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
References for 2-Chloroadenosine (CADO) (ab120037)
This product has been referenced in:
- Fredholm BB et al. International Union of Pharmacology. XXV. Nomenclature and classification of adenosine receptors. Pharmacol Rev 53:527-52 (2001). Read more (PubMed: 11734617) »
- Pourgholami MH et al. Effect of intraperitoneal and intrahippocampal (CA1) 2-chloroadenosine in amygdaloid kindled rats. Brain Res 751:259-64 (1997). Read more (PubMed: 9099813) »
- Shibata Y et al. Inhibitory effect of prostaglandin A2 on Na+-K+-ATPase activity in synaptic plasma membrane of rat brain in vitro. Int J Biochem 14:347-50 (1982). Read more (PubMed: 6282665) »