Anti-200 kD Neurofilament Heavy antibody [3G3] (ab19386)
- Product nameAnti-200 kD Neurofilament Heavy antibody [3G3]See all 200 kD Neurofilament Heavy primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [3G3] to 200 kD Neurofilament Heavy
- Tested applicationsIHC-P, ICC/IF, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human
Immunogen corresponds to 226 amino acids of the C terminus of rat neurofilament, heavy chain.
- Positive controlRat brain microsome
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium Azide
Constituents: PBS, 1mg/ml BSA
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number3G3
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab19386 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
IHC-P: Use at a concentration of 3 - 5 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
WB: Use at a concentration of 0.5 - 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 200 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 112 kDa). Most sources give a predicted MW of ~100 kDa. MA1-2012 recognises neurofilament triplet protein P200.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionNeurofilaments usually contain three intermediate filament proteins: L, M, and H which are involved in the maintenance of neuronal caliber. NF-H has an important function in mature axons that is not subserved by the two smaller NF proteins.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in NEFH are a cause of susceptibility to amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) [MIM:105400]. ALS is a neurodegenerative disorder affecting upper and lower motor neurons, and resulting in fatal paralysis. Sensory abnormalities are absent. Death usually occurs within 2 to 5 years. The etiology is likely to be multifactorial, involving both genetic and environmental factors.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the intermediate filament family.
modificationsThere are a number of repeats of the tripeptide K-S-P, NFH is phosphorylated on a number of the serines in this motif. It is thought that phosphorylation of NFH results in the formation of interfilament cross bridges that are important in the maintenance of axonal caliber.
Phosphorylation seems to play a major role in the functioning of the larger neurofilament polypeptides (NF-M and NF-H), the levels of phosphorylation being altered developmentally and coincident with a change in the neurofilament function.
Phosphorylated in the Head and Rod regions by the PKC kinase PKN1, leading to inhibit polymerization.
- 200 kDa neurofilament protein antibodyKIAA0845 antibodyNEFH antibody
- Neurofilament H antibodyNeurofilament heavy polypeptide 200kD antibodyNeurofilament heavy polypeptide 200kDa antibodyNeurofilament heavy polypeptide antibodyNeurofilament triplet H protein antibodyNF H antibodyNF-H antibodyNFH antibodyNFH_HUMAN antibody
Anti-200 kD Neurofilament Heavy antibody [3G3] images
Immunofluorescence of neurofilament, heavy chain in rat cerebral cortex cultures in green.
References for Anti-200 kD Neurofilament Heavy antibody [3G3] (ab19386)
ab19386 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.