Anti-200 kD Neurofilament Heavy antibody [NF-01] - Neuronal Marker (ab7795)
- Product nameAnti-200 kD Neurofilament Heavy antibody [NF-01] - Neuronal MarkerSee all 200 kD Neurofilament Heavy primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [NF-01] to 200 kD Neurofilament Heavy - Neuronal Marker
- SpecificityThis antibody recognizes a phosphorylated epitope on heavy neurofilament protein (210 kDa) of various species.
- Tested applicationsELISA, IHC-Fr, ICC, IHC-P, WB, ICC/IF, Flow Cyt more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Cow, Human, Pig
Predicted to work with: a wide range of other species, all Mammals
A pellet of pig brain cold-stable proteins after depolymerization of microtubules.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 15mM Sodium Azide
Constituents: PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Purification notes>95 % pure (by PAGE)
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberNF-01
- Light chain typeunknown
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab7795 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ELISA||ELISA: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|ICC||ICC: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use 1µg for 106 cells.|
- FunctionNeurofilaments usually contain three intermediate filament proteins: L, M, and H which are involved in the maintenance of neuronal caliber. NF-H has an important function in mature axons that is not subserved by the two smaller NF proteins.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in NEFH are a cause of susceptibility to amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) [MIM:105400]. ALS is a neurodegenerative disorder affecting upper and lower motor neurons, and resulting in fatal paralysis. Sensory abnormalities are absent. Death usually occurs within 2 to 5 years. The etiology is likely to be multifactorial, involving both genetic and environmental factors.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the intermediate filament family.
modificationsThere are a number of repeats of the tripeptide K-S-P, NFH is phosphorylated on a number of the serines in this motif. It is thought that phosphorylation of NFH results in the formation of interfilament cross bridges that are important in the maintenance of axonal caliber.
Phosphorylation seems to play a major role in the functioning of the larger neurofilament polypeptides (NF-M and NF-H), the levels of phosphorylation being altered developmentally and coincident with a change in the neurofilament function.
Phosphorylated in the Head and Rod regions by the PKC kinase PKN1, leading to inhibit polymerization.
- 200 kDa neurofilament protein antibodyKIAA0845 antibodyKIAA0845 antibody
- NEFH antibodyNEFH antibodyNeurofilament H antibodyNeurofilament heavy polypeptide 200kD antibodyNeurofilament heavy polypeptide 200kDa antibodyNeurofilament heavy polypeptide antibodyNeurofilament triplet H protein antibodyNeurofilament triplet H protein antibodyNF H antibodyNF-H antibodyNFH antibodyNFH_HUMAN antibody
Anti-200 kD Neurofilament Heavy antibody [NF-01] - Neuronal Marker images
ab7795 at a dilution of 1/1000, staining 200 kD Neurofilament Heavy (Alexa 488 secondary at 1/2000) in rat brain tissue (30
µm thick coronal sections) on free floating IHC (see protocol link for detailed description). Image taken with a 40x objective. No labeling observed following omission of primary antibody.
Sections were viewed using an Axioplan 2 Imaging microscope (Imaging Associates) fitted with 10x, 20x and 40x Plan-Neofluorobjectives (Zeiss, Germany) and images were taken using a AxioCam Hrm digital camera (Zeiss, Germany) and AxioVision software (Imaging Associates).
Overlay histogram showing SH-SY5Y cells stained with ab7795 (red line). The cells were fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab7795, 1µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG1 [ICIGG1] (ab91353, 2µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed. This antibody gave a positive signal in SH-SY5Y cells fixed with 80% methanol (5 min)/permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min used under the same conditions.
References for Anti-200 kD Neurofilament Heavy antibody [NF-01] - Neuronal Marker (ab7795)
This product has been referenced in:
- Samara A et al. Proteomics reveal rat hippocampal lateral asymmetry. Hippocampus 21:108-19 (2011). WB ; Rat . Read more (PubMed: 20020437) »
- Cunningham C et al. Central and systemic endotoxin challenges exacerbate the local inflammatory response and increase neuronal death during chronic neurodegeneration. J Neurosci 25:9275-84 (2005). Read more (PubMed: 16207887) »