Anti-200 kD Neurofilament Heavy antibody - Neuronal Marker (ab8135)
- Product nameAnti-200 kD Neurofilament Heavy antibody - Neuronal MarkerSee all 200 kD Neurofilament Heavy primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to 200 kD Neurofilament Heavy - Neuronal Marker
- SpecificityThe antibody recognizes both phosphorylated and non-phosphorylated forms of NF-H. Specifically recognizes the heavy microfilament subunit (~180-220 kDa).
- Tested applicationsIHC-FoFr, ICC/IF, ICC, IHC-P, IHC-Fr, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Cow, Cat, Human, Pig
Recombinant fragment (Cow).
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- PurityWhole antiserum
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab8135 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
IHC-FoFr: Use at an assay dependent dilution (PMID 19075249).
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionNeurofilaments usually contain three intermediate filament proteins: L, M, and H which are involved in the maintenance of neuronal caliber. NF-H has an important function in mature axons that is not subserved by the two smaller NF proteins.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in NEFH are a cause of susceptibility to amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) [MIM:105400]. ALS is a neurodegenerative disorder affecting upper and lower motor neurons, and resulting in fatal paralysis. Sensory abnormalities are absent. Death usually occurs within 2 to 5 years. The etiology is likely to be multifactorial, involving both genetic and environmental factors.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the intermediate filament family.
modificationsThere are a number of repeats of the tripeptide K-S-P, NFH is phosphorylated on a number of the serines in this motif. It is thought that phosphorylation of NFH results in the formation of interfilament cross bridges that are important in the maintenance of axonal caliber.
Phosphorylation seems to play a major role in the functioning of the larger neurofilament polypeptides (NF-M and NF-H), the levels of phosphorylation being altered developmentally and coincident with a change in the neurofilament function.
Phosphorylated in the Head and Rod regions by the PKC kinase PKN1, leading to inhibit polymerization.
- 200 kDa neurofilament protein antibodyKIAA0845 antibodyKIAA0845 antibody
- NEFH antibodyNEFH antibodyNeurofilament H antibodyNeurofilament heavy polypeptide 200kD antibodyNeurofilament heavy polypeptide 200kDa antibodyNeurofilament heavy polypeptide antibodyNeurofilament triplet H protein antibodyNeurofilament triplet H protein antibodyNF H antibodyNF-H antibodyNFH antibodyNFH_HUMAN antibody
Anti-200 kD Neurofilament Heavy antibody - Neuronal Marker images
The image showing results obtained after protease pretreatment, illustrating high definition neurofilament staining. This picture was kindly supplied as part of the review submitted by Prof Colm Cunningham and Dr Suzanne Campion (Southampton University).
ab8135 at 1/500 staining aged muscle tissue sections from Rat by IHC-Fr.
The tissue section was permeabilized with Triton X100 and blocked with 10% serum for 30 minutes at 25°C.
The primary antibody was incubated for 1 hour at 25°C.
Muscle was stained without fixation and post-fixed in 10% NBF following staining for 1h.
Green = alpha bungarotoxin stained post-synaptic neuromuscular junction.
Red = ab8135 staining 200kD Neurofilament
ab8135 staining 200 kD Neurofilament Heavy in rat brain tissue sections by Immunohistochemistry (PFA perfusion fixed frozen sections).
Tissue was fixed with formaldehyde, blocked with 5% serum for 1 hour at 25°C and permeabilzed with 0.1% Triton X-100. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/500 in diluent) for 12 hours at 25°C. An Alexa Fluor®555 goat anti-rabbit polyclonal IgG (1/300) was used as the secondary antibody.
References for Anti-200 kD Neurofilament Heavy antibody - Neuronal Marker (ab8135)
This product has been referenced in:
- Vaegter CB et al. Sortilin associates with Trk receptors to enhance anterograde transport and neurotrophin signaling. Nat Neurosci 14:54-61 (2011). IHC-FoFr ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 21102451) »
- Lopatina T et al. Adipose-derived stem cells stimulate regeneration of peripheral nerves: BDNF secreted by these cells promotes nerve healing and axon growth de novo. PLoS One 6:e17899 (2011). IHC-Fr ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 21423756) »