Anti-200 kD Neurofilament Heavy antibody (ab72996)
- Product nameAnti-200 kD Neurofilament Heavy antibodySee all 200 kD Neurofilament Heavy primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionChicken polyclonal to 200 kD Neurofilament Heavy
- Tested applicationsWB, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Chicken, Cow, Human
Full length protein (purified) (Cow)
- Positive control
- Rat cerebral cortex lysate. Rat cortical neurons and glia.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 10mM Sodium Azide
Constituents: Tissue culture supernatant
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityIgY fraction
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab72996 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/50000. Detects a band of approximately 200 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 115 kDa).|
- FunctionNeurofilaments usually contain three intermediate filament proteins: L, M, and H which are involved in the maintenance of neuronal caliber. NF-H has an important function in mature axons that is not subserved by the two smaller NF proteins.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in NEFH are a cause of susceptibility to amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) [MIM:105400]. ALS is a neurodegenerative disorder affecting upper and lower motor neurons, and resulting in fatal paralysis. Sensory abnormalities are absent. Death usually occurs within 2 to 5 years. The etiology is likely to be multifactorial, involving both genetic and environmental factors.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the intermediate filament family.
modificationsThere are a number of repeats of the tripeptide K-S-P, NFH is phosphorylated on a number of the serines in this motif. It is thought that phosphorylation of NFH results in the formation of interfilament cross bridges that are important in the maintenance of axonal caliber.
Phosphorylation seems to play a major role in the functioning of the larger neurofilament polypeptides (NF-M and NF-H), the levels of phosphorylation being altered developmentally and coincident with a change in the neurofilament function.
Phosphorylated in the Head and Rod regions by the PKC kinase PKN1, leading to inhibit polymerization.
- 200 kDa neurofilament protein antibody
- NEFH antibody
- Neurofilament H antibody
- Neurofilament heavy polypeptide 200 kD antibody
- Neurofilament heavy polypeptide 200 kDa antibody
- Neurofilament heavy polypeptide 200kD antibody
- Neurofilament heavy polypeptide 200kDa antibody
- Neurofilament heavy polypeptide antibody
- Neurofilament triplet H protein antibody
- NF 200 antibody
- NF H antibody
- NF-H antibody
- NF200 antibody
- NFH antibody
- NFH_HUMAN antibody
Anti-200 kD Neurofilament Heavy antibody images
Anti-200 kD Neurofilament Heavy antibody (ab72996) at 1/50000 dilution + Rat cerebral cortex lysate
Predicted band size : 115 kDa
Observed band size : 200 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Immunofluorescence of rat cortical neurons and glia using ab72996 at 1/25000 dilution showing 200 kD Neurofilament Heavy staining (red).