Anti-200 kD Neurofilament Heavy antibody (ab94683)
- Product nameAnti-200 kD Neurofilament Heavy antibodySee all 200 kD Neurofilament Heavy primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to 200 kD Neurofilament Heavy
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to the repeated motif, XKSPYK domain [SPEKAKSPEKAKSC] of Human 200 kD Neurofilament Heavy (NP_000139)
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab94683 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionNeurofilaments usually contain three intermediate filament proteins: L, M, and H which are involved in the maintenance of neuronal caliber. NF-H has an important function in mature axons that is not subserved by the two smaller NF proteins.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in NEFH are a cause of susceptibility to amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) [MIM:105400]. ALS is a neurodegenerative disorder affecting upper and lower motor neurons, and resulting in fatal paralysis. Sensory abnormalities are absent. Death usually occurs within 2 to 5 years. The etiology is likely to be multifactorial, involving both genetic and environmental factors.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the intermediate filament family.
modificationsThere are a number of repeats of the tripeptide K-S-P, NFH is phosphorylated on a number of the serines in this motif. It is thought that phosphorylation of NFH results in the formation of interfilament cross bridges that are important in the maintenance of axonal caliber.
Phosphorylation seems to play a major role in the functioning of the larger neurofilament polypeptides (NF-M and NF-H), the levels of phosphorylation being altered developmentally and coincident with a change in the neurofilament function.
Phosphorylated in the Head and Rod regions by the PKC kinase PKN1, leading to inhibit polymerization.
- 200 kDa neurofilament protein antibody
- NEFH antibody
- Neurofilament heavy polypeptide 200kDa antibody
- Neurofilament heavy polypeptide antibody
- Neurofilament triplet H protein antibody
- NF H antibody
- NF-H antibody
- NFH antibody
- NFH_HUMAN antibody
References for Anti-200 kD Neurofilament Heavy antibody (ab94683)
ab94683 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.