Anti-200kDa + 160kDa Neurofilament antibody [SMI-310] (ab24570)
- Product nameAnti-200kDa + 160kDa Neurofilament antibody [SMI-310]See all 200kDa + 160kDa Neurofilament primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [SMI-310] to 200kDa + 160kDa Neurofilament
- SpecificityAb 24570 reacts with a phosphorylated epitope in extensively phosphorylated neurofilament H and, to a much lesser extent, with neurofilament M in most mammalian species. Immunocytochemically, Ab 24570 reacts with selected axons. The extend of reaction with axons is more restricted than that of any other antiphosphoneurofilaments. Cell bodies and dendrites are generally unstained. Other cells and tissues are unreactive except for peripheral axons. Phosphatase treatment of tissue sections or Western blots abolishes reaction with Ab 24570 . Ab 24570 needs less phosphatase treatment of neurofilaments for abolition of reactivity than any other antibody to phosphorylated neurofilaments, suggesting that a very extensive degree of hyperphosphorylation of neurofilaments is necessary for its reactivity. In pathological conditions, reaction with Ab 24570 may be found also in neuronal cell bodies.
- Tested applicationsIHC-Fr, WB, IHC-P, ELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: all Mammals
Homogenized hypothalmi recovered from Fischer 344 rats.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01M Sodium Azide
- Concentration information loading...
- Primary antibody notes In Alzheimer's disease, Ab 24570 provides a strong reaction with extraneuronal (ghost) neurofibrillary tangles. Intraneuronal tangles remain unreactive. Ab 24570 may react with an unusual and sparsely distributed form of phosphorylated neurofilaments that may be exacerbated in certain pathologic conditions. Ab 24570 distinguishes sporadic inclusion-body myositis from hereditary inclusion-body myopathies.
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberSMI-310
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab24570 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 160-200 kDa.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- RelevanceNeurofilaments usually contain three intermediate filament proteins: L, M (160kDa), and H (200kDa) which are involved in the maintenance of neuronal caliber. 200kDa Neurofilament has an important function in mature axons that is not subserved by the two smaller Neurofilament proteins. There are a number of repeats of the tripeptide K S P, 200kDa Neurofilament is phosphorylated on a number of the serines in this motif. It is thought that phosphorylation of 200kDa Neurofilament results in the formation of interfilament cross bridges that are important in the maintenance of axonal caliber. Phosphorylation seems to play a major role in the functioning of the larger neurofilament polypeptides (NFM and NFH), the levels of phosphorylation being altered developmentally and coincident with a change in the neurofilament function.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasmic
- Entrez Gene: 4741 Human
- Entrez Gene: 4744 Human
- Entrez Gene: 24587 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 24588 Rat
- Omim: 162230 Human
- Omim: 162250 Human
- SwissProt: P07197 Human
- SwissProt: P12036 Human
- SwissProt: P12839 Rat
- SwissProt: P16884 Rat
- Unigene: 198760 Human
- Unigene: 458657 Human
- Unigene: 108194 Rat
- Unigene: 10971 Rat
- 150kDa medium antibody
- 160 kDa neurofilament protein antibody
- 200 kDa neurofilament protein antibody
- KIAA0845 antibody
- NEF 3 antibody
- NEF3 antibody
- NEFH antibody
- NEFM antibody
- Neurofilament 3 antibody
- Neurofilament heavy polypeptide 200kDa antibody
- Neurofilament heavy polypeptide antibody
- Neurofilament medium polypeptide 150kDa antibody
- Neurofilament medium polypeptide antibody
- Neurofilament triplet H protein antibody
- Neurofilament triplet M protein antibody
- Neurofilament3 antibody
- NF H antibody
- NF M antibody
- NFH antibody
- NFM antibody
References for Anti-200kDa + 160kDa Neurofilament antibody [SMI-310] (ab24570)
This product has been referenced in:
- Boomkamp SD et al. The development of a rat in vitro model of spinal cord injury demonstrating the additive effects of rho and ROCK inhibitors on neurite outgrowth and myelination. Glia 60:441-56 (2012). WB ; Rat . Read more (PubMed: 22139636) »