3-APPA (CGP 27492) (ab120329)
- Product name3-APPA (CGP 27492)
- DescriptionPotent, selective GABAB agonist
- CGP 27492
- Biological descriptionPotent, selective GABAB agonist (IC50 = 5 nM). Partial agonist activity reported.
- Purity> 98%
- Chemical name3-Aminopropylphosphinic acid
- Molecular Weight123.09
- Chemical structure
- Molecular formulaC3H10NO2P
- CAS Number103680-47-3
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C (desiccating conditions).
- Solubility overviewSoluble in water to 100 mM
Providing storage is as stated on the product vial and the vial is kept tightly sealed, the product can be stored for up to 6 months.
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
References for 3-APPA (CGP 27492) (ab120329)
This product has been referenced in:
- Guide to Receptors and Channels (GRAC), 4th Edition. Br J Pharmacol 158 Suppl 1:S1-254 (2009). Read more (PubMed: 19883461) »
- Hirst WD et al. Pharmacological characterisation of a cell line expressing GABA B1b and GABA B2 receptor subunits. Biochem Pharmacol 65:1103-13 (2003). Read more (PubMed: 12663046) »
- Ong J et al. 3-Aminopropanephosphinic acid is a potent agonist at peripheral and central presynaptic GABAB receptors. Brain Res 526:138-42 (1990). Read more (PubMed: 1964105) »
- Seabrook GR et al. Electrophysiological characterization of potent agonists and antagonists at pre- and postsynaptic GABAB receptors on neurones in rat brain slices. Br J Pharmacol 101:949-57 (1990). Read more (PubMed: 1964824) »