3-Nitrotyrosine ELISA Kit (ab116691)
- Product name3-Nitrotyrosine ELISA KitSee all Nitrotyrosine kits ...
- Detection methodColorimetric
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% 1 8 6.9% Inter-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% 1 3 13%
- Tests1 x 96 well plate
- Sample typeCell culture extracts, Tissue Extracts
- Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
- Sensitivity8 ng/ml
- Range8 ng/ml - 1000 ng/ml
- Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
- Product overview
ab116691 is an in vitro enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for the quantitative measurement of 3-nitrotyrosine in cell and tissue lysates. The assay employs an antibody specific for 3-nitrotyrosine coated on a 96-well plate. Standards and samples are pipetted into the wells and 3-nitrotyrosine present in the sample is bound to the wells by the immobilized antibody. The wells are washed and a biotin labeled anti-3-nitrotyrosine detector antibody is added. After washing away unbound detector antibody, HRP-conjugated streptavidin specific for the biotin labeled detector antibody is pipetted into the wells. The wells are again washed, an HRP substrate solution (TMB) is added to the wells and color develops in proportion to the amount of 3-nitrotyrosine bound. The developing blue color is measured at 600 nm. Optionally the reaction can be stopped by adding hydrochloric acid which changes the color from blue to yellow and the intensity can be measured at 450 nm.
Store all components at 4°C. This kit is stable for 6 months from receipt. After reconstitution the standard should be stored at -80°C. Unused microplate strips should be returned to the pouch containing the desiccant and resealed.
- Tested applicationsSandwich ELISA more details
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 10X 3-nitrotyrosine Detector Antibody 1 x 1ml 10X Blocking Buffer 1 x 6ml 10X HRP Label 1 x 1ml 20X Buffer 1 x 20ml 3-nitrotyrosine BSA standard 1 vial Extraction Buffer 1 x 15ml Microplate 96 antibody coated wells in 12 strips 1 unit TMB Development Solution 1 x 12ml
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab116691 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
References for 3-Nitrotyrosine ELISA Kit (ab116691)
This product has been referenced in:
- Tarry-Adkins JL et al. Poor maternal nutrition followed by accelerated postnatal growth leads to alterations in DNA damage and repair, oxidative and nitrosative stress, and oxidative defense capacity in rat heart. FASEB J 27:379-90 (2013). ELISA ; Rat . Read more (PubMed: 23024373) »