Anti-53BP2/ASPP2 antibody (ab36004)
- Product nameAnti-53BP2/ASPP2 antibodySee all 53BP2/ASPP2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to 53BP2/ASPP2
- Tested applicationsWB, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse
Synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH derived from within residues 50 - 150 of Human 53BP2/ASPP2.(Note: the amino acid sequence is proprietary; peptide available as ab36003.)
- Positive control
- Jurkat (Human T cell lymphoblast-like cell line) Whole Cell Lysate and MCF-7 (Human breast adenocarcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate. This antibody gave a positive signal in the following cell types: T47D.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS. pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab36004 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 170 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 126 kDa).Can be blocked with Human 53BP2/ASPP2 peptide (ab36003).|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
- FunctionRegulator that plays a central role in regulation of apoptosis and cell growth via its interactions. Regulates TP53 by enhancing the DNA binding and transactivation function of TP53 on the promoters of proapoptotic genes in vivo. Inhibits the ability of APPBP1 to conjugate NEDD8 to CUL1, and thereby decreases APPBP1 ability to induce apoptosis. Impedes cell cycle progression at G2/M. Its apoptosis-stimulating activity is inhibited by its interaction with DDX42.
- Tissue specificityWidely expressed. Expressed in spleen, thymus, prostate, testis, ovary, small intestine, colon and peripheral blood leukocyte. Reduced expression in breast carcinomas expressing a wild-type TP53 protein. Overexpressed in lung cancer cell lines.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the ASPP family.
Contains 2 ANK repeats.
Contains 1 SH3 domain.
- DomainThe ankyrin repeats and the SH3 domain are required for a specific interactions with TP53.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm > perinuclear region. Nucleus. Predominantly found in the perinuclear region. Some small fraction is nuclear. Sequester in the cytoplasm on overexpression of DDX42.
- 53BP2 antibody
- Apoptosis stimulating of p53 protein 2 antibody
- Apoptosis stimulating protein of p53 2 antibody
- Apoptosis-stimulating of p53 protein 2 antibody
- ASPP2 antibody
- ASPP2_HUMAN antibody
- Bbp antibody
- Bcl2 binding protein antibody
- Bcl2-binding protein antibody
- NY REN 51 antigen antibody
- NY-REN-51 antigen antibody
- p53 binding protein 2 antibody
- p53-binding protein 2 antibody
- p53BP2 antibody
- PPP1R13A antibody
- Renal carcinoma antigen NY-REN-51 antibody
- TP53BP2 antibody
- Tumor protein p53 binding protein 2 antibody
- Tumor suppressor p53 binding protein 2 antibody
- Tumor suppressor p53-binding protein 2 antibody
Anti-53BP2/ASPP2 antibody images
All lanes : Anti-53BP2/ASPP2 antibody (ab36004) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 :
Jurkat (Human T cell lymphoblast-like cell line) Whole Cell Lysate (ab7899)
Lane 2 : MCF-7 (Human breast adenocarcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
IRDye 680 Conjugated Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG (H+L) at 1/10000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 126 kDa
Observed band size : 170 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Additional bands at : 145 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
ICC/IF image of ab36004 stained T47D cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody ab36004 at 5µg/ml overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was DyLight® 488 goat anti- rabbit (ab96899) IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.