Anti-5HT1A Receptor antibody (ab85615)
- Product nameAnti-5HT1A Receptor antibodySee all 5HT1A Receptor primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to 5HT1A Receptor
- Tested applicationsWB, IHC-P, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Horse, Chicken, Dog, Chimpanzee, Gorilla, Orangutan
Synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH derived from within residues 100 - 200 of Rat 5HT1A Receptor.
(Peptide available as ab98259.)
- Positive controlThis antibody gave a positive signal in both Mouse and Rat hippocampus tissue lysate as well as the following whole cell lysates: Caco2; HepG2; Jurkat. This antibody gave a positive result in IHC in the following FFPE tissue: Human normal liver.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab85615 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 62 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 46 kDa).Can be blocked with 5HT1A Receptor peptide (ab98259).|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
- FunctionThis is one of the several different receptors for 5-hydroxytryptamine (serotonin), a biogenic hormone that functions as a neurotransmitter, a hormone, and a mitogen. The activity of this receptor is mediated by G proteins that inhibit adenylate cyclase activity.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the G-protein coupled receptor 1 family. 5-hydroxytryptamine receptor subfamily. HTR1A sub-subfamily.
- Cellular localizationCell membrane.
- 5 HT 1A antibody5 HT receptor 1A antibody5 HT1A antibody
- 5 HT1A receptor antibody5 hydroxytryptamine (serotonin) receptor 1A antibody5 hydroxytryptamine (serotonin) receptor 1A G protein coupled antibody5 hydroxytryptamine receptor 1A antibody5-HT-1A antibody5-HT1A antibody5-hydroxytryptamine receptor 1A antibody5HT 1A antibody5HT 1A receptor antibody5HT receptor 1A antibody5HT1a antibody5HT1A_HUMAN antibodyADRB2RL1 antibodyADRBRL1 antibodyG 21 antibodyG protein coupled receptor antibodyG-21 antibodyGpcr 18 antibodyGpcr18 antibodyGuanine nucleotide binding regulatory protein-coupled receptor antibodyHTR1A antibodyPFMCD antibodySerotonin 1A receptor antibodySerotonin 5HT1A receptor antibodySerotonin receptor 1A antibody
Anti-5HT1A Receptor antibody images
All lanes : Anti-5HT1A Receptor antibody (ab85615) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Caco 2 (Human colonic carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 : Rat Hippocampus Tissue Lysate
Lane 3 : Mouse Hippocampus Tissue Lysate
Lane 4 : HepG2 (Human hepatocellular liver carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 5 : Jurkat (Human T cell lymphoblast-like cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 46 kDa
Observed band size : 62 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Additional bands at : 37 kDa,48 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time : 30 seconds
ICC/IF image of ab85615 stained HepG2 cells. The cells were 100% methanol fixed (5 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab85615, 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
IHC image of 5HT1A Receptor staining in Human normal liver formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab85615, 5µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
References for Anti-5HT1A Receptor antibody (ab85615)
ab85615 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.