Anti-5HT1B Receptor antibody (ab13896)
- Product nameAnti-5HT1B Receptor antibodySee all 5HT1B Receptor primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to 5HT1B Receptor
- Tested applicationsWB, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptides, corresponding to amino acids 8-26 (CAPPPPAGSETWVPQANLS) and 263-278 (STSSVTSINSRVPDVP) of 5HT1B Receptor.
- Positive control
- Tested with human brain lysate.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Purification notesThis antibody is affinity purified.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab13896 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 40-41 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 47 kDa).|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 4 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
- FunctionThis is one of the several different receptors for 5-hydroxytryptamine (serotonin), a biogenic hormone that functions as a neurotransmitter, a hormone, and a mitogen. The activity of this receptor is mediated by G proteins that inhibit adenylate cyclase activity.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the G-protein coupled receptor 1 family.
modificationsPhosphorylated. Desensitization of the receptor may be mediated by its phosphorylation.
- Cellular localizationCell membrane.
- 5 HT1DB antibody
- 5 hydroxytryptamine (serotonin) receptor 1B antibody
- 5 hydroxytryptamine receptor 1B antibody
- 5-HT-1B antibody
- 5-HT-1D-beta antibody
- 5-HT1B antibody
- 5-hydroxytryptamine receptor 1B antibody
- 5HT1B_HUMAN antibody
- HTR1B antibody
- HTR1D2 antibody
- HTR1DB antibody
- S12 antibody
- Serotonin 1D beta receptor antibody
- Serotonin receptor 1B antibody
Anti-5HT1B Receptor antibody images
Predicted band size : 47 kDa
Western blot analysis of 5HT1B Receptor in human brain lysate with ab13896. A protein band of approximate molecular weight of 40-41kDa was detected.
ab2607 (4µg/ml) staining 5HT1B in human testis using an automated system (DAKO Autostainer Plus). Using this protocol there is strong staining of membrane compartment of the mature seminiferous tubules and possible interstitial cells.
Sections were rehydrated and antigen retrieved with the Dako 3 in 1 AR buffer EDTA pH 9.0 in a DAKO PT link. Slides were peroxidase blocked in 3% H2O2 in methanol for 10 mins. They were then blocked with Dako Protein block for 10 minutes (containing casein 0.25% in PBS) then incubated with primary antibody for 20 min and detected with Dako envision flex amplification kit for 30 minutes. Colorimetric detection was completed with Diaminobenzidine for 5 minutes. Slides were counterstained with Haematoxylin and coverslipped under DePeX. Please note that, for manual staining, optimization of primary antibody concentration and incubation time is recommended. Signal amplification may be required.
References for Anti-5HT1B Receptor antibody (ab13896)
This product has been referenced in:
- Ahnstedt H et al. Male-female differences in upregulation of vasoconstrictor responses in human cerebral arteries. PLoS One 8:e62698 (2013). IHC-P ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 23658641) »
- Davis RP et al. 5-hydroxytryptamine (5-HT) reduces total peripheral resistance during chronic infusion: direct arterial mesenteric relaxation is not involved. BMC Pharmacol 12:4 (2012). WB . Read more (PubMed: 22559843) »