Anti-5HT2A Receptor antibody (ab16028)
- Product nameAnti-5HT2A Receptor antibodySee all 5HT2A Receptor primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to 5HT2A Receptor
- Specificityab16028 detects rat 5HT2A receptor protein at the expected 53kDa. Three further bands are detected in WB on rat brain lysate at ~60, 75 and 110kDa. These extra larger bands might result following glycosylation of the 5HT2A receptor protein. We are unsure of the identity of these additional bands. ab16028 works well in IHC where specific immunoreactivity is seen in the expected brain areas.
- Tested applicationsIHC (PFA fixed), WB, IHC-FoFr, IHC-Fr, IHC-FrFl more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Cow
Synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH derived from within residues 1 - 100 of Rat 5HT2A Receptor.
- Positive controlThis antibody gave a positive signal on the following tissue lysates: Rat Hippocampus Rat Brain Mouse Brain
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab16028 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC (PFA fixed)|
IHC-FoFr: Use at 1:100 dilution with TSA amplification. Perfusion fix tissue with 4% paraformaldehyde + 15% saturated picric acid, post-fix in the same fixative overnight, then cryoprotect in 20% sucrose and freeze in OCT.
WB: Use at a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 55 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 53 kDa).
Immunohistochemistry (PFA fixed): 1/500 (from PubMed:17442243).
A customer has tested this product in IHC-P and did not find it suitable for this application (see enquiries section).
Not tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionThis is one of the several different receptors for 5-hydroxytryptamine (serotonin), a biogenic hormone that functions as a neurotransmitter, a hormone, and a mitogen. This receptor mediates its action by association with G proteins that activate a phosphatidylinositol-calcium second messenger system. This receptor is involved in tracheal smooth muscle contraction, bronchoconstriction, and control of aldosterone production.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the G-protein coupled receptor 1 family.
- DomainThe PDZ domain-binding motif is involved in the interaction with INADL, CASK, APBA1, DLG1 and DLG4.
- Cellular localizationCell membrane. Localizes to the post-synaptic thickening of axo-dendritic synapses.
- 5 HT 2 antibody5 HT 2A antibody5 HT2 receptor antibody
- 5 HT2A antibody5 hydroxytryptamine receptor 2A antibody5-HT-2 antibody5-HT-2A antibody5-hydroxytryptamine 2A receptor antibody5-hydroxytryptamine receptor 2A antibody5HT2A_HUMAN antibodyHTR 2 antibodyHTR 2A antibodyHTR2 antibodyHTR2A antibodySerotonin receptor 2A antibody
Anti-5HT2A Receptor antibody images
ab16028 5HT2AR staining in IHC free-floating protocol on rat brain tissue. [a] coronal section through hypothalamus. [b] High-power magnification of the small box in panel [a]. Nuclear staining was observed in the Arcuate nucleus (Arc), but not in the Ventromedial nucleus (VMH) of the hypothalamus. [c] Pyramidal like neurons were stained by ab16028. [d] Nuclear-like staining in the nucleus of the solitary tract (sol). Scale bars in [b] and [c] =10um and in [d]=40um
ab16028 staining of 5HT2A receptor in free-floating rat brain cortex sections. Similar punctate staining was observed in rat hypothalamus (data not shown). Rats were intracardially perfused with 4% paraformaldehyde. Tissues were post-fixed overnight in the same fixative prior to cryoprotection in 20% sucrose and freezing in OCT. 30 µm sections were cut for use in free-floating IHC and incubated with ab16028 (1:300) overnight at room temperature. Secondary antibody (anti-rabbit biotin, 1:300) was incubated for 1 hour at room temperature.
IHC image of 5HT2A staining in rat brain FFPE section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab16028, 5µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
All lanes : Anti-5HT2A Receptor antibody (ab16028) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Rat Hippocampus Tissue Lysate
Lane 2 : Brain (Rat) Tissue Lysate
Lane 3 : Brain (Mouse) Tissue Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 53 kDa
Observed band size : 55 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Additional bands at : 100 kDa,34 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time : 5 minutes
Immunohistochemical analysis of ischaemic rat anterior cerebral artery, staining 5HT2A Receptor with ab16028.
Sections were blocked with 5% donkey serum and 1% BSA. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/200) and a DyLight®488-conjugated donkey anti-rabbit IgG (1/200) was used as a secondary antibody.
References for Anti-5HT2A Receptor antibody (ab16028)
This product has been referenced in:
- Hu Z et al. Development of the human corpus striatum and the presence of nNOS and 5-HT2A receptors. Anat Rec (Hoboken) 295:127-31 (2012). IHC-P ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 22095614) »
- Johansson S et al. Expressional changes in cerebrovascular receptors after experimental transient forebrain ischemia. PLoS One 7:e41852 (2012). IHC-Fr ; Rat . Read more (PubMed: 22848635) »