Anti-5HT3A Receptor antibody (ab79228)
- Product nameAnti-5HT3A Receptor antibody
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to 5HT3A Receptor
- Tested applicationsWB, IHC-P, IHC-Fr more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
Predicted to work with: Rat
Synthetic peptide (Mouse)
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Add glycerol to a final volume of 50%, aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: Whole serum
- PurityWhole antiserum
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab79228 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
IHC-Fr: 1/300 - 1/2000.
WB: 1/300 - 1/2000. Predicted molecular weight: 55 kDa.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- RelevanceThe monoamine serotonin (5-hydroxytryptamine) mediates a variety of physiological actions by binding to a number of distinct receptors, pharmacologically classified into several major groups which differ in tissue and cellular localization, affinity for serotonin, and second messenger pathways. The majority of these receptors stimulate a GTP-binding protein upon agonist stimulation and couple to adenylate cyclase or phospholipase C. In contrast, the 5-HT3 receptor is a ligand-gated ion channel that mediates a fast excitatory response. This receptor is a member of the superfamily of ligand-gated ion channels related to the nicotinic, GABAA and NMDA receptors. Although the 5-HT3 receptor was initially identified from the neuroblastoma cell line NCB-20, radioligand binding studies and in situ hybridization studies have localized the 5-HT3 receptor to a unique distribution of neurons, supporting possible roles for the receptor in cognition and sensory input. Recent immunohistochemical analysis of the rat brain revealed a broad distribution of 5-HT3 immunoreactivity, primarily including interneurons and motor neurons. There are two named isoforms.
- Cellular localizationIntegral to plasma membrane
- 5 HT3A antibody5 hydroxytryptamine 3 receptor antibody5 Hydroxytryptamine receptor 3 antibody
- 5 Hydroxytryptamine receptor 3A antibody5 Hydroxytryptamine Serotonin Receptor 3a antibody5HT3R antibodyHTR3 antibodyHtr3a antibodySerotonin gated ion channel receptor antibody
References for Anti-5HT3A Receptor antibody (ab79228)
ab79228 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.