Anti-5HT3A receptor antibody (ab13897)
- Product nameAnti-5HT3A receptor antibodySee all 5HT3A receptor primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to 5HT3A receptor
- Tested applicationsIHC-P, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptides, corresponding to amino acids 21-36 and 421-436 of Rat 5HT3 Receptor.
- Positive control
- human brain lysate
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab13897 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 - 3 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 55 kDa.|
- FunctionThis is one of the several different receptors for 5-hydroxytryptamine (serotonin), a biogenic hormone that functions as a neurotransmitter, a hormone, and a mitogen. This receptor is a ligand-gated ion channel, which when activated causes fast, depolarizing responses in neurons. It is a cation-specific, but otherwise relatively nonselective, ion channel.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in cerebral cortex, amygdala, hippocampus, and testis. Detected in monocytes of the spleen and tonsil, in small and large intestine, uterus, prostate, ovary and placenta.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the ligand-gated ion channel (TC 1.A.9) family. 5-hydroxytryptamine receptor (TC 1.A.9.2) subfamily. HTR3A sub-subfamily.
- Cellular localizationCell junction > synapse > postsynaptic cell membrane. Cell membrane.
- 5 HT 3 antibody
- 5 HT3 receptor antibody
- 5 HT3A antibody
- 5 HT3A receptor antibody
- 5 HT3B antibody
- 5 HT3R antibody
- 5 HT3RA antibody
- 5 HTR3B antibody
- 5 hydroxytryptamine (serotonin) receptor 3A antibody
- 5 Hydroxytryptamine 3 receptor B subunit antibody
- 5 Hydroxytryptamine receptor 3 antibody
- 5 Hydroxytryptamine receptor 3 subunit B antibody
- 5 Hydroxytryptamine receptor 3B antibody
- 5 Hydroxytryptamine serotonin receptor 3B antibody
- 5-HT-3 antibody
- 5-HT3-A antibody
- 5-HT3A antibody
- 5-HT3R antibody
- 5-hydroxytryptamine receptor 3 antibody
- 5-hydroxytryptamine receptor 3A antibody
- 5HT 3 antibody
- 5HT 3A antibody
- 5HT receptor antibody
- 5HT3 serotonin receptor antibody
- 5HT3A_HUMAN antibody
- 5HT3R antibody
- HTR 3 antibody
- HTR3 antibody
- Htr3a antibody
- HTR3B antibody
- Serotonin gated ion channel receptor antibody
- Serotonin receptor 3 antibody
- Serotonin receptor 3A antibody
- Serotonin receptor 3B antibody
- Serotonin-gated ion channel receptor 3a antibody
- Serotonin-gated ion channel receptor antibody
Anti-5HT3A receptor antibody images
All lanes : Anti-5HT3A receptor antibody (ab13897) at 3 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Human Brain tissue lysate
Lane 2 : Mouse Brain tissue lysate
Lane 3 : Rat Brain tissue lysate
Predicted band size : 55 kDa
IHC image of ab13897 staining in human normal cerebral cortex formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab13897, 5µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
References for Anti-5HT3A receptor antibody (ab13897)
This product has been referenced in:
- Nguyen H et al. Downregulated hypothalamic 5-HT3 receptor expression and enhanced 5-HT3 receptor antagonist-mediated improvement in fatigue-like behaviour in cholestatic rats. Neurogastroenterol Motil 20:228-35 (2008). WB ; Rat . Read more (PubMed: 17919312) »