Anti-5HT3A receptor antibody (ab51950)
- Product nameAnti-5HT3A receptor antibodySee all 5HT3A receptor primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionGoat polyclonal to 5HT3A receptor
- Specificityab51950 is expected to recognise both reported isoforms (NP_998786.1 and NP_000860.1).
- Tested applicationsWB, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide: CGPQDFEKSPRDR, corresponding to internal sequence amino acids 390-401 of 5HT3A receptor
- Positive controlHuman Colon lysates
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 0.5% BSA, 0.5mg/ml Tris buffered saline, pH 7.3
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesab51950 was purified from goat serum by ammonium sulphate precipitation followed by antigen affinity chromatography using the immunizing peptide.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab51950 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 0.3 - 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 55 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 55 kDa). A band of unknown identity is also consistently observed at 200kDa. This band is successfully blocked by incubation with the immunising peptide but we are unsure of it's identity.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
- FunctionThis is one of the several different receptors for 5-hydroxytryptamine (serotonin), a biogenic hormone that functions as a neurotransmitter, a hormone, and a mitogen. This receptor is a ligand-gated ion channel, which when activated causes fast, depolarizing responses in neurons. It is a cation-specific, but otherwise relatively nonselective, ion channel.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in cerebral cortex, amygdala, hippocampus, and testis. Detected in monocytes of the spleen and tonsil, in small and large intestine, uterus, prostate, ovary and placenta.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the ligand-gated ion channel (TC 1.A.9) family. 5-hydroxytryptamine receptor (TC 1.A.9.2) subfamily. HTR3A sub-subfamily.
- Cellular localizationCell junction > synapse > postsynaptic cell membrane. Cell membrane.
- 5 HT 3 antibody5 HT3 receptor antibody5 HT3A antibody
- 5 HT3A receptor antibody5 HT3R antibody5 HT3RA antibody5 hydroxytryptamine (serotonin) receptor 3A antibody5-HT-3 antibody5-HT3-A antibody5-HT3A antibody5-HT3R antibody5-hydroxytryptamine receptor 3 antibody5-hydroxytryptamine receptor 3A antibody5HT 3 antibody5HT receptor antibody5HT3 serotonin receptor antibody5HT3A_HUMAN antibody5HT3R antibodyHTR3 antibodyHtr3a antibodySerotonin gated ion channel receptor antibodySerotonin receptor 3A antibodySerotonin-gated ion channel receptor 3a antibodySerotonin-gated ion channel receptor antibody
Anti-5HT3A receptor antibody images
Anti-5HT3A receptor antibody (ab51950) at 0.3 µg/ml + 35 µg of Human Colon lysate (in RIPA buffer)
Predicted band size : 55 kDa
Observed band size : 55 kDa
Additional bands at : 200 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
References for Anti-5HT3A receptor antibody (ab51950)
ab51950 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.