Anti-5HT3B receptor antibody (ab39629)
- Product nameAnti-5HT3B receptor antibodySee all 5HT3B receptor primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to 5HT3B receptor
- SpecificitySpecific to 5HT3B - does not recognise 5HT3A receptor This antibody recognizes the intracellular region of the 5HT3B subunit.
- Tested applicationsELISA, WB, IHC-P, ICC/IF, IP more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide, corresponding to amino acids 320-338 of Human 5HT3B receptor (large intracellular loop region)
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium Azide
- PurityWhole antiserum
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab39629 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ELISA||ELISA: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|WB||WB: 1/500. Detects a band of approximately 50 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 50 kDa).|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IP||IP: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- FunctionThis is one of the several different receptors for 5-hydroxytryptamine (serotonin), a biogenic hormone that functions as a neurotransmitter, a hormone, and a mitogen. This receptor is a ligand-gated ion channel, which when activated causes fast, depolarizing responses. It is a cation-specific, but otherwise relatively nonselective, ion channel.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in the brain cortex, in the caudate nucleus, the hyppocampus, the thalamus and the amygdala. Detected in the kidney and testis as well as in monocytes of the spleen, small and large intestine, uterus, prostate, ovary and placenta.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the ligand-gated ion channel (TC 1.A.9) family. 5-hydroxytryptamine receptor (TC 1.A.9.2) subfamily. HTR3B sub-subfamily.
modificationsN-glycosylation required for membrane localization.
- Cellular localizationCell membrane. Presumably retained within the endoplasmic reticulum unless complexed with HTR3A.
- 5 HT3 B antibody5 HT3B antibody5 HTR3B antibody
- 5 hydroxytryptamine 3 receptor B subunit antibody5 hydroxytryptamine receptor 3B antibody5 hydroxytryptamine serotonin receptor 3B antibody5-HT3-B antibody5-HT3B antibody5-HTR3B antibody5-hydroxytryptamine 3 receptor B subunit antibody5-hydroxytryptamine receptor 3B antibody5-hydroxytryptamine serotonin receptor 3B antibody5HT3B_HUMAN antibody5HTR3B antibodyHTR3B antibodySerotonin gated ion channel subunit antibodyserotonin receptor 3B antibody
Anti-5HT3B receptor antibody images
All lanes : Anti-5HT3B receptor antibody (ab39629) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : Lysate from HEK 293 cells
Lane 2 : Lysate from HEK 293 cells transfected with 5HT3A receptor
Lane 3 : Lysate from HEK 293 cells transfected with 5HT3A receptor and 5HT3B receptor
Lane 4 : Human hippocampus lysate
Predicted band size : 50 kDa
Observed band size : 50 kDa
HEK 293 cells transfected with 5HT3B receptor were stained with ab39629 diluted 1/500 and anti-rabbit secondary antibody conjugated to Alexa Fluor 488 diluted 1/1000(green). Nuclei are labelled with Hoescht 33258 (blue).
Immunohistochemistry of human hippocampus stained with ab39269 diluted 1/500. Immunoreactivity with 5HT3B receptor can be seen in (i)CA1 field, (ii)CA2, (iii)CA3 and (iv)CA4/dentate gyrus.