Anti-67kDa Laminin Receptor antibody [MLuC5] - BSA and Azide free (ab80582)
- Product nameAnti-67kDa Laminin Receptor antibody [MLuC5] - BSA and Azide freeSee all 67kDa Laminin Receptor primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [MLuC5] to 67kDa Laminin Receptor - BSA and Azide free
- Tested applicationsIHC-P, Flow Cyt, Inhibition Assay, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Small cell lung carcinoma N592 live cells.
- Positive control
- Breast carcinoma.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: 10mM PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityAmmonium Sulphate Precipitation
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberMLuC5
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab80582 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 4 - 8 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use 1µg for 106 cells.|
|Inhibition Assay||Inhib: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Partially inhibits the binding of soluble laminin.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- FunctionRequired for the assembly and/or stability of the 40S ribosomal subunit. Required for the processing of the 20S rRNA-precursor to mature 18S rRNA in a late step of the maturation of 40S ribosomal subunits. Also functions as a cell surface receptor for laminin. Plays a role in cell adhesion to the basement membrane and in the consequent activation of signaling transduction pathways. May play a role in cell fate determination and tissue morphogenesis. Acts as a PPP1R16B-dependent substrate of PPP1CA. Also acts as a receptor for several other ligands, including the pathogenic prion protein, viruses, and bacteria.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the ribosomal protein S2P family.
modificationsAcylated. Acylation may be a prerequisite for conversion of the monomeric 37 kDa laminin receptor precursor (37LRP) to the mature dimeric 67 kDa laminin receptor (67LR), and may provide a mechanism for membrane association.
Cleaved by stromelysin-3 (ST3) at the cell surface. Cleavage by stromelysin-3 may be a mechanism to alter cell-extracellular matrix interactions.
- Cellular localizationCell membrane. Cytoplasm. Nucleus. 67LR is found at the surface of the plasma membrane, with its C-terminal laminin-binding domain accessible to extracellular ligands. 37LRP is found at the cell surface, in the cytoplasm and in the nucleus (By similarity). Co-localizes with PPP1R16B in the cell membrane.
- 34/67 kDa laminin receptor antibody
- 37 kDa laminin receptor precursor antibody
- 37/67 kDa laminin receptor antibody
- 37LRP antibody
- 40S ribosomal protein SA antibody
- 67 kDa laminin receptor antibody
- 67LR antibody
- Colon carcinoma laminin binding protein antibody
- Colon carcinoma laminin-binding protein antibody
- LAMBR antibody
- Laminin Receptor 1 antibody
- Laminin-binding protein precursor p40 antibody
- LAMR 1 antibody
- LamR antibody
- LAMR1 antibody
- LBP antibody
- LBP/p40 antibody
- LRP antibody
- LRP/LR antibody
- Multidrug resistance associated protein MGr1 Ag antibody
- Multidrug resistance associated protein MGr1Ag antibody
- Multidrug resistance-associated protein MGr1-Ag antibody
- NEM/1CHD4 antibody
- p40 antibody
- Ribosomal Protein SA antibody
- RPSA antibody
- RSSA_HUMAN antibody
- SA antibody
Anti-67kDa Laminin Receptor antibody [MLuC5] - BSA and Azide free images
Formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma stained with ab80582 at 8µg/ml using a peroxidase-conjugate and DAB chromogen. Note cell membrane with some cytoplasmic staining of tumor cells.
Overlay histogram showing MCF7 cells stained with ab80582 (red line). The cells were fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min)/ and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab80582, 2µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgM (mu chain) (ab97007) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgM [ICIGM] (ab91545, 2µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed.
References for Anti-67kDa Laminin Receptor antibody [MLuC5] - BSA and Azide free (ab80582)
This product has been referenced in:
- Lee JH et al. Vitamin A enhances antitumor effect of a green tea polyphenol on melanoma by upregulating the polyphenol sensing molecule 67-kDa laminin receptor. PLoS One 5:e11051 (2010). Inhibition Assay ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 20548792) »
- Martignone S et al. Characterization of two monoclonal antibodies directed against the 67 kDa high affinity laminin receptor and application for the study of breast carcinoma progression. Clin Exp Metastasis 10:379-86 (1992). Inhibition Assay . Read more (PubMed: 1333381) »