Anti-67kDa Laminin Receptor antibody (ab99484)
- Product nameAnti-67kDa Laminin Receptor antibodySee all 67kDa Laminin Receptor primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to 67kDa Laminin Receptor
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Chicken, Cow, Pig, Zebra finch
Synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH derived from within residues 250 to the C-terminus of Human 67kDa Laminin Receptor.
- Positive controlThis antibody gave a positive signal in Hu brain tissue lysate as well as the following whole cell lysates: Caco2; HCT116; LOVO; A549; HeLa.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab99484 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 38 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 33 kDa).|
- FunctionRequired for the assembly and/or stability of the 40S ribosomal subunit. Required for the processing of the 20S rRNA-precursor to mature 18S rRNA in a late step of the maturation of 40S ribosomal subunits. Also functions as a cell surface receptor for laminin. Plays a role in cell adhesion to the basement membrane and in the consequent activation of signaling transduction pathways. May play a role in cell fate determination and tissue morphogenesis. Acts as a PPP1R16B-dependent substrate of PPP1CA. Also acts as a receptor for several other ligands, including the pathogenic prion protein, viruses, and bacteria.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the ribosomal protein S2P family.
modificationsAcylated. Acylation may be a prerequisite for conversion of the monomeric 37 kDa laminin receptor precursor (37LRP) to the mature dimeric 67 kDa laminin receptor (67LR), and may provide a mechanism for membrane association.
Cleaved by stromelysin-3 (ST3) at the cell surface. Cleavage by stromelysin-3 may be a mechanism to alter cell-extracellular matrix interactions.
- Cellular localizationCell membrane. Cytoplasm. Nucleus. 67LR is found at the surface of the plasma membrane, with its C-terminal laminin-binding domain accessible to extracellular ligands. 37LRP is found at the cell surface, in the cytoplasm and in the nucleus (By similarity). Co-localizes with PPP1R16B in the cell membrane.
- Entrez Gene: 281898 Cow
- Entrez Gene: 3921 Human
- Entrez Gene: 100505031 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 16785 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 641351 Pig
- Entrez Gene: 29236 Rat
- Omim: 150370 Human
- SwissProt: P26452 Cow
- SwissProt: P08865 Human
- SwissProt: P14206 Mouse
- SwissProt: Q4GWZ2 Pig
- SwissProt: P38983 Rat
- Unigene: 449909 Human
- Unigene: 311972 Mouse
- Unigene: 391708 Mouse
- Unigene: 4071 Mouse
- Unigene: 121972 Rat
- Unigene: 161973 Rat
- Unigene: 999 Rat
- 34/67 kDa laminin receptor antibody37 kDa laminin receptor precursor antibody37/67 kDa laminin receptor antibody
- 37LRP antibody40S ribosomal protein SA antibody67 kDa laminin receptor antibody67LR antibodyColon carcinoma laminin binding protein antibodyColon carcinoma laminin-binding protein antibodyLAMBR antibodyLaminin Receptor 1 antibodyLaminin-binding protein precursor p40 antibodyLAMR 1 antibodyLamR antibodyLAMR1 antibodyLBP antibodyLBP/p40 antibodyLRP antibodyLRP/LR antibodyMultidrug resistance associated protein MGr1 Ag antibodyMultidrug resistance associated protein MGr1Ag antibodyMultidrug resistance-associated protein MGr1-Ag antibodyNEM/1CHD4 antibodyp40 antibodyRibosomal Protein SA antibodyRPSA antibodyRSSA_HUMAN antibodySA antibody
Anti-67kDa Laminin Receptor antibody images
All lanes : Anti-67kDa Laminin Receptor antibody (ab99484) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 :
Brain (Human) Tissue Lysate - adult normal tissue (ab29466)
Lane 2 : Caco 2 (Human colonic carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 3 : HCT 116 (Human Colorectal Carcinoma) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 4 : LOVO (Human colon adenocarcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 5 : A549 (Human lung adenocarcinoma epithelial cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 6 : HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Goat polyclonal Secondary Antibody to Rabbit IgG - H&L (HRP), pre-adsorbed (ab97080) at 1/5000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 33 kDa
Observed band size : 38 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Additional bands at : 70 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time : 30 seconds
ICC/IF image of ab99484 stained HepG2 cells. The cells were 100% methanol fixed (5 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody ab99484 at 1µg/ml overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was DyLight® 488 goat anti- rabbit (ab96899) IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM. This antibody also gave a positive result in methanol fixed (100%, 5min) HeLa, HEk293, and MCF-7 cells at 1ug/ml, and in formaldehyde fixed (4%, 10min) HeLa, HEk293, HepG2, and MCF-7 cells at 1ug/ml.
References for Anti-67kDa Laminin Receptor antibody (ab99484)
ab99484 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.