Anti-8 Hydroxyguanosine antibody (ab93701)
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: Whole serum
- PurityWhole antiserum
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab93701 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Relevance8-Hydroxydeoxyguanosine (8OHdG) is a modified base that occurs in DNA due to attack by hydroxyl radicals that are formed as byproducts and intermediates of aerobic metabolism and during oxidative stress. There is increasing evidence to support the involvement of free radical reactions in the damage of biomolecules that eventually lead to several diseases in humans, such as atherosclerosis, cerebral and heart ischemia-reperfusion injury, cancer, rheumatoid arthritis, inflammation, diabetes, aging, and neurodegenerative conditions, such as Alzheimer’s disease. 8OHdG has become increasing popular as a sensitive, stable and integral marker of oxidative damage in cellular DNA. Biomonitoring in humans has demonstrated that 8OHdG can be excreted in the urine, and that a significant increase is caused by exposure to tobacco smoke and ionizing radiation. Because 8OHdG is so well correlated with oxidative stress and damage to DNA, which leads to degenerative disease states, the development of an antibody that can be used to study DNA damage has numerous applications. In addition to the direct study of DNA damage within cells, this antibody has applications in the development of immunoassays that can monitor 8OHdG excretion in the urine and serve as a biomarker of oxidative stress.
- 8 hydroxy 2’ deoxyguanosine antibody8 hydroxyguanine antibody8 hydroxyguanosine antibody
- 8 OHG antibody8-OHG antibody8OG antibody8OHdG antibody8OHG antibody
Anti-8 Hydroxyguanosine antibody images
ab93701, at a 1/200 dilution, staining 8 Hydroxyguanosine in oxidized RNA in neurons from formalin fixed, paraffin embedded Alzheimer's brain tissue by Immunohistochemistry. The tissue was pretreated with 10 µg/ml proteinase K for 40 minutes at 37 °C.
References for Anti-8 Hydroxyguanosine antibody (ab93701)
ab93701 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.