Anti-A2B5 antibody  - Stem Cell Marker (ab53521)
- Product nameAnti-A2B5 antibody  - Stem Cell MarkerSee all A2B5 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal  to A2B5 - Stem Cell Marker
- Tested applicationsFlow Cyt, IHC-Fr, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Chicken, Human
Embryonic chicken retinal cells.
- Positive control
- Type II astrocytes, human neural progenitors.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityPurified IgM
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number105
- Light chain typekappa
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab53521 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use 1µg for 106 cells.|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 0.5 - 1 µg/ml.|
- RelevanceA2B5 is a cell surface ganglioside epitope expressed in developing thymic epithelial cells, oligodendrocyte progenitors and neuroendocrine cells.
- Cellular localizationCell surface
Anti-A2B5 antibody  - Stem Cell Marker images
ICC/IF image of ab53521 stained PC12 cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab53521, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-mouse IgM (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue).
A2B5 antibody  - Stem Cell Marker (ab53521) used in immunocytochemical detection on Cor1 neuronal stem cells. Cor1 neuronal stem cells were fixed in formaldehyde, permeabilized, blocked in 1% BSA for 30 mins at RT. ab53521 was incubated at 1/500 for 16 hours in TBS/BSA/azide/0.5% Triton. Secondary Antibody:anti mouse IgM conjugated: to Alexa Fluor® 488 (1/1000).
Overlay histogram showing SH-SY5Y cells stained with ab53521 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab53521, 1µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgM (mu chain) (ab97007) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgM [ICIGM] (ab91545, 2µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed.
Please note that Abcam do not have any data for use of this antibody on non-fixed cells. We welcome any customer feedback.
References for Anti-A2B5 antibody  - Stem Cell Marker (ab53521)
This product has been referenced in:
- Chen LP et al. Regulation of Olig2 during astroglial differentiation in the subventricular zone of a cuprizone-induced demyelination mouse model. Neuroscience 221:96-107 (2012). Read more (PubMed: 22771621) »
- Paintlia MK et al. Modulation of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-alpha activity by N-acetyl cysteine attenuates inhibition of oligodendrocyte development in lipopolysaccharide stimulated mixed glial cultures. J Neurochem 105:956-70 (2008). Read more (PubMed: 18205750) »