Anti-AATF antibody (ab72148)
- Product nameAnti-AATF antibodySee all AATF primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to AATF
- Tested applicationsWB, IP more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to a region between residues 125 and 175 of human AATF (NP_036270.1).
- Positive controlHeLa whole cell lysate.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, Tris buffered saline
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab72148 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/2000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 80 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 62 kDa).|
|IP||IP: Use at 2-5 µg/mg of lysate.|
- FunctionMay function as a general inhibitor of the histone deacetylase HDAC1. Binding to the pocket region of RB1 may displace HDAC1 from RB1/E2F complexes, leading to activation of E2F target genes and cell cycle progression. Conversely, displacement of HDAC1 from SP1 bound to the CDKN1A promoter leads to increased expression of this CDK inhibitor and blocks cell cycle progression. Also antagonizes PAWR mediated induction of aberrant amyloid peptide production in Alzheimer disease (presenile and senile dementia), although the molecular basis for this phenomenon has not been described to date.
- Tissue specificityUbiquitously expressed. Expressed at high levels in brain, heart, kidney, placenta and thymus.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the AATF family.
modificationsHyperphosphorylated during the G1/S phase transition.
- Cellular localizationNucleus > nucleolus.
- AATF antibodyAATF_HUMAN antibodyApoptosis antagonizing transcription factor antibody
- Apoptosis-antagonizing transcription factor antibodyCHE1 antibodyDED antibodyProtein AATF antibodyRb binding protein Che 1 antibodyRb-binding protein Che-1 antibody
Anti-AATF antibody images
All lanes : Anti-AATF antibody (ab72148) at 0.04 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HeLa whole cell lysate at 50 µg
Lane 2 : HeLa whole cell lysate at 15 µg
Lane 3 : HeLa whole cell lysate at 5 µg
Predicted band size : 62 kDa
Observed band size : 80 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Detection of Human AATF by Immunoprecipitation in Whole cell lysate from HeLa cells (1 mg for IP, 20% of IP loaded), using ab72148 at 3 µg/mg lysate for IP and at 1 µg/ml for subsequent Western blot detection.
References for Anti-AATF antibody (ab72148)
ab72148 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.