Anti-ABCB4 antibody [P3II-26] (ab24108)
- Product nameAnti-ABCB4 antibody [P3II-26]See all ABCB4 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [P3II-26] to ABCB4
- SpecificityClone P3II-26 does not cross-react with the human ABCB1.
- Tested applicationsICC, IHC-Fr, WB, Flow Cyt more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Fusion protein: NMQTSGSQIQ SEEFELNDEK AATRMAPNGW KSRLFRHSTQ KNLKNSQMCQ KSLDVETDGL EANV, corresponding to Internal sequence amino acids 629-692 of Human ABCB4.
- EpitopeClone P3II-26 reacts with an internal epitope of ABCB4.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C long term. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 0.7% BSA, serum-free tissue culture supernatant
- PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberP3II-26
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab24108 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC||ICC: 1/20 - 1/50. Fix with acetone.|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: 1/20. Fix with acetone.|
|WB||WB: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Predicted molecular weight: 141 kDa.|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use 1µg for 106 cells.|
- FunctionMediates ATP-dependent export of organic anions and drugs from the cytoplasm. Hydrolyzes ATP with low efficiency. Human MDR3 is not capable of conferring drug resistance. Mediates the translocation of phosphatidylcholine across the canalicular membrane of the hepatocyte.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in ABCB4 are the cause of progressive familial intrahepatic cholestasis type 3 (PFIC3) [MIM:602347]. PFIC3 is an autosomal recessive liver disorder presenting with early onset cholestasis that progresses to cirrhosis and liver failure before adulthood. It is characterized by elevated serum gamma-glutamyltransferase levels.
Defects in ABCB4 are a cause of intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy (ICP) [MIM:147480]; also known as obstetric cholestasis. ICP is a multifactorial liver disorder of pregnancy. It presents during the second or, more commonly, the third trimestre of pregnancy with intense pruritus which becomes more severe with advancing gestation and cholestasis. Cholestasis results from abnormal biliary transport from the liver into the small intestine. ICP causes fetal distress, spontaneous premature delivery and intrauterine death. ICP patients have spontaneous and progressive disappearance of cholestasis after delivery.
Defects in ABCB4 are a cause of gallbladder disease type 1 (GBD1) [MIM:600803]. It is one of the major digestive diseases. Gallstones composed of cholesterol (cholelithiasis) are the common manifestations in western countries. Most people with gallstones, however, remain asymptomatic through their lifetimes.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the ABC transporter superfamily. ABCB family. Multidrug resistance exporter (TC 3.A.1.201) subfamily.
Contains 2 ABC transmembrane type-1 domains.
Contains 2 ABC transporter domains.
- Cellular localizationCell membrane.
- ABC 21 antibody
- ABC B4 antibody
- ABC21 antibody
- ABCB 4 antibody
- Abcb4 antibody
- ABCB4 protein antibody
- ATP binding cassette sub family B MDR/TAP member 4 antibody
- ATP binding cassette sub family B member 4 antibody
- ATP-binding cassette sub-family B member 4 antibody
- MDR 3 antibody
- MDR2 antibody
- MDR2/3 antibody
- MDR3 antibody
- MDR3 P glycoprotein antibody
- MDR3 P gp antibody
- MDR3_HUMAN antibody
- Multidrug resistance protein 3 antibody
- Multiple drug resistance 3 antibody
- P glycoprotein 3 antibody
- P-glycoprotein 3 antibody
- PFIC 3 antibody
- PFIC3 antibody
- PGY 3 antibody
- PGY3 antibody
Anti-ABCB4 antibody [P3II-26] images
Overlay histogram showing HeLa cells stained with ab24108 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab24108, 1µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG2b [PLPV219] (ab91366, 2µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed. This antibody gave a positive signal in HeLa cells fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min)/permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min used under the same conditions.
References for Anti-ABCB4 antibody [P3II-26] (ab24108)
This product has been referenced in:
- Scheffer GL et al. Specific detection of multidrug resistance proteins MRP1, MRP2, MRP3, MRP5, and MDR3 P-glycoprotein with a panel of monoclonal antibodies. Cancer Res 60:5269-77 (2000). Read more (PubMed: 11016657) »