For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 0.15M Sodium chloride, 0.02M Potassium phosphate, pH 7.2
Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Research areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Application notesELISA: 1/40000 - 1/200000.
IF (microscopy): Use at an assay dependent dilution.
WB: 1/1000 - 1/5000. Predicted molecular weight: 93 kDa.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionBinds heme and porphyrins and functions in their ATP-dependent uptake into the mitochondria. Plays a crucial role in heme synthesis.
- Tissue specificityWidely expressed. Highest expression in heart and skeletal muscles.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the ABC transporter superfamily. ABCB family. Heavy Metal importer (TC 3.A.1.210) subfamily.
Contains 1 ABC transmembrane type-1 domain.
Contains 1 ABC transporter domain.
- Developmental stageHighly expressed in fetal liver.
- Cellular localizationMitochondrion outer membrane.
Information by UniProt
- ABC antibody
- ABC transporter umat antibody
- ABC14 antibody
Anti-ABCB6 antibody images
Western blot - ABCB6 antibody (ab47837)
All lanes : Anti-ABCB6 antibody (ab47837) at 1/1400 dilution
Lane 1 : KB cell lysate expressing Flag™-tagged human ABCB6 protein
Lane 2 : KB cell lysate without a vector insert
Predicted band size : 93 kDa
Observed band size : 104 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Additional bands at : 79 kDa (possible truncated form).
References for Anti-ABCB6 antibody (ab47837)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"