ABCD1 protein (His-DHFR tag) (ab127510)
- Product nameABCD1 protein (His-DHFR tag)
- SourceE. coli
- Amino Acid Sequence
- Molecular weight20 kDa
- Amino acids560 to 737
- TagsHis-DHFR tag N-Terminus
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab127510 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Store at -20ºC.
Constituents: 0.32% Tris HCl, 0.58% Sodium chloride
- ReconstitutionReconstitute with water to desired concentration
- Adrenoleukodystrophy protein
- ATP binding cassette, sub family D (ALD), member 1
- ATP-binding cassette sub-family D member 1
- RP23 373N8.2
- X linked adrenoleukodystrophy (ALD) gene homolog
- FunctionProbable transporter. The nucleotide-binding fold acts as an ATP-binding subunit with ATPase activity.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in ABCD1 are the cause of adrenoleukodystrophy X-linked (X-ALD) [MIM:300100]. X-ALD is a peroxisomal metabolic disorder characterized by progressive multifocal demyelination of the central nervous system and by peripheral adrenal insufficiency (Addison disease). It results in mental deterioration, corticospinal tract dysfunction, and cortical blindness. Different clinical manifestations exist like: cerebral childhood ALD (CALD), adult cerebral ALD (ACALD), adrenomyeloneuropathy (AMN) and 'Addison disease only' (ADO) phenotype.
Note=The promoter region of ABCD1 is deleted in the chromosome Xq28 deletion syndrome which involves ABCD1 and the neighboring gene BCAP31.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the ABC transporter superfamily. ABCD family. Peroxisomal fatty acyl CoA transporter (TC 3.A.1.203) subfamily.
Contains 1 ABC transmembrane type-1 domain.
Contains 1 ABC transporter domain.
- Cellular localizationPeroxisome membrane.
References for ABCD1 protein (His-DHFR tag) (ab127510)
ab127510 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.