Anti-ABL2 antibody [1H1B11] (ab54209)
- Product nameAnti-ABL2 antibody [1H1B11]See all ABL2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [1H1B11] to ABL2
- Tested applicationsWB, ELISA, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Ni-NTA purified truncated recombinant ABL2 expressed in E. Coli strain BL21 (DE3).
- Positive control
- IF: HeLa cells. WB: ABL2 recombinant protein.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.03% Sodium Azide
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number1H1B11
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab54209 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
ICC/IF: 1/100 - 1/500.
WB: 1/200 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 50 kDa for the truncated protein (predicted molecular weight of the full length protein: 128 kDa).
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionNon-receptor tyrosine-protein kinase that plays an ABL1-overlapping role in key processes linked to cell growth and survival such as cytoskeleton remodeling in response to extracellular stimuli, cell motility and adhesion and receptor endocytosis. Coordinates actin remodeling through tyrosine phosphorylation of proteins controlling cytoskeleton dynamics like MYH10 (involved in movement); CTTN (involved in signaling); or TUBA1 and TUBB (microtubule subunits). Binds directly F-actin and regulates actin cytoskeletal structure through its F-actin-bundling activity. Involved in the regulation of cell adhesion and motility through phosphorylation of key regulators of these processes such as CRK, CRKL, DOK1 or ARHGAP35. Adhesion-dependent phosphorylation of ARHGAP35 promotes its association with RASA1, resulting in recruitment of ARHGAP35 to the cell periphery where it inhibits RHO. Phosphorylates multiple receptor tyrosine kinases like PDGFRB and other substrates which are involved in endocytosis regulation such as RIN1. In brain, may regulate neurotransmission by phosphorylating proteins at the synapse. ABL2 acts also as a regulator of multiple pathological signaling cascades during infection. Pathogens can highjack ABL2 kinase signaling to reorganize the host actin cytoskeleton for multiple purposes, like facilitating intracellular movement and host cell exit. Finally, functions as its own regulator through autocatalytic activity as well as through phosphorylation of its inhibitor, ABI1.
- Tissue specificityWidely expressed.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. Tyr protein kinase family. ABL subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
Contains 1 SH2 domain.
Contains 1 SH3 domain.
- DomainContains two distinct classes of F-actin-binding domains. Although both can bind F-actin, the 2 are required to bundle actin filaments.
modificationsPhosphorylated at Tyr-261 by ABL1 in response to oxidative stress. Phosphorylated by PDGFRB.
Polyubiquitinated. Polyubiquitination of ABL2 leads to degradation.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytoskeleton.
- Abelson murine leukemia viral oncogene homolog 2 antibody
- Abelson related gene protein antibody
- Abelson tyrosine-protein kinase 2 antibody
- Abelson-related gene protein antibody
- ABL2 antibody
- ABL2_HUMAN antibody
- ABLL antibody
- ARG antibody
- Tyrosine kinase ARG antibody
- Tyrosine protein kinase ABL2 antibody
- Tyrosine-protein kinase ARG antibody
- v abl Abelson murine leukemia viral oncogene homolog 2 antibody
Anti-ABL2 antibody [1H1B11] images
Anti-ABL2 antibody [1H1B11] (ab54209) at 1/200 dilution + truncated ABL2 recombinant protein
Predicted band size : 128 kDa
Observed band size : 50 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Immunofluorescence analysis of ethanol fixed HeLa cells, showing cytoplasmic staining, using ab54209 (1/100) with IgG-FITC.
References for Anti-ABL2 antibody [1H1B11] (ab54209)
ab54209 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.