ADAM10 peptide (ab7868)
- Product nameADAM10 peptideSee all ADAM10 proteins and peptides ...
- Amino Acid Sequence
- SequencePQRQRPRESYQMGHMRR Amino acids 732 to 748 of human ADAM10 (1)
- Amino acids732 to 748
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab7868 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
PBS with 0.1% BSA 0.02% sodium azide pH7.2
- A disintegrin and metalloprotease domain 10
- A Disintegrin And Metalloproteinase Domain 10
- AD 10
- ADAM 10
- ADAM metallopeptidase domain 10
- CD 156c
- CD156c antigen
- disintegrin and metalloproteinase domain containing protein 10
- Disintegrin and metalloproteinase domain-containing protein 10
- HsT 18717
- Kuzbanian protein homolog
- Mammalian disintegrin metalloprotease
- Mammalian disintegrin-metalloprotease
- FunctionCleaves the membrane-bound precursor of TNF-alpha at '76-Ala-
-Val-77' to its mature soluble form. Responsible for the proteolytical release of soluble JAM3 from endothelial cells surface. Responsible for the proteolytic release of several other cell-surface proteins, including heparin-binding epidermal growth-like factor, ephrin-A2 and for constitutive and regulated alpha-secretase cleavage of amyloid precursor protein (APP). Contributes to the normal cleavage of the cellular prion protein. Involved in the cleavage of the adhesion molecule L1 at the cell surface and in released membrane vesicles, suggesting a vesicle-based protease activity. Controls also the proteolytic processing of Notch and mediates lateral inhibition during neurogenesis.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in spleen, lymph node, thymus, peripheral blood leukocyte, bone marrow, cartilage, chondrocytes and fetal liver.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 1 disintegrin domain.
Contains 1 peptidase M12B domain.
- DomainThe conserved cysteine present in the cysteine-switch motif binds the catalytic zinc ion, thus inhibiting the enzyme. The dissociation of the cysteine from the zinc ion upon the activation-peptide release activates the enzyme.
modificationsThe precursor is cleaved by a furin endopeptidase.
- Cellular localizationCell membrane. Endomembrane system. Is localized in the plasma membrane but is predominantly expressed in the Golgi apparatus and in released membrane vesicles derived likely from the Golgi.
References for ADAM10 peptide (ab7868)
ab7868 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.