Anti-ADAM15 antibody - Catalytic domain (ab28231)
- Product nameAnti-ADAM15 antibody - Catalytic domainSee all ADAM15 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to ADAM15 - Catalytic domain
- Specificityab28231 recognises metalloproteinase ADAM-15.
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide based on the catalytic domain of human ADAM-15.
(Peptide available as ab41212.)
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab28231 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionActive metalloproteinase with gelatinolytic and collagenolytic activity. Plays a role in the wound healing process. Mediates both heterotypic intraepithelial cell/T-cell interactions and homotypic T-cell aggregation. Inhibits beta-1 integrin-mediated cell adhesion and migration of airway smooth muscle cells. Suppresses cell motility on or towards fibronectin possibly by driving alpha-v/beta-1 integrin (ITAGV-ITGB1) cell surface expression via ERK1/2 inactivation. Cleaves E-cadherin in response to growth factor deprivation. Plays a role in glomerular cell migration. Plays a role in pathological neovascularization. May play a role in cartilage remodeling. May be proteolytically processed, during sperm epididymal maturation and the acrosome reaction. May play a role in sperm-egg binding through its disintegrin domain.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in colon and small intestine. Expressed in airway smooth muscle and glomerular mesangial cells (at protein level). Ubiquitously expressed. Overexpressed in atherosclerotic lesions. Constitutively expressed in cultured endothelium and smooth muscle. Expressed in chondrocytes. Expressed in airway smooth muscle and glomerular mesangial cells.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 1 disintegrin domain.
Contains 1 EGF-like domain.
Contains 1 peptidase M12B domain.
- DomainThe cytoplasmic domain interacts with endophilin I and sorting nexin 9.
Disintegrin domain binds to integrin alphaV-beta3.
The conserved cysteine present in the cysteine-switch motif binds the catalytic zinc ion, thus inhibiting the enzyme. The dissociation of the cysteine from the zinc ion upon the activation-peptide release activates the enzyme.
modificationsThe precursor is cleaved by a furin endopeptidase.
Phosphorylation increases association with PTKs.
- Cellular localizationEndomembrane system. Cell junction > adherens junction. Cell projection > cilium > flagellum. Cytoplasmic vesicle > secretory vesicle > acrosome. The majority of the protein is localized in a perinuclear compartment which may correspond to the trans-Golgi network or the late endosome. The pro-protein is the major detectable form on the cell surface, whereas the majority of the protein in the cell is processed.
- A disintegrin and metalloproteinase domain 15 antibodyA disintegrin and metalloproteinase domain 15 antibodyA disintegrin and metalloproteinase domain 15 antibody
- ADA15_HUMAN antibodyADAM 15 antibodyADAM metallopeptidase domain 15 antibodyAdam15 antibodyand cysteine-rich protein 15 antibodyDisintegrin and metalloproteinase domain-containing protein 15 antibodydisintegrin-like antibodyEC 3.4.24. antibodyMDC 15 antibodyMDC-15 antibodyMDC15 antibodyMDC15 antibodyMetalloprotease RGD disintegrin protein antibodyMetalloprotease RGD disintegrin protein antibodyMetalloproteinase like disintegrin like and cysteine rich protein 15 antibodyMetalloproteinase-like antibodyMetargidin antibodyMetargidin antibody
References for Anti-ADAM15 antibody - Catalytic domain (ab28231)
ab28231 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.