Anti-ADAM15 antibody - Cytoplasmic domain (ab39159)
- Product nameAnti-ADAM15 antibody - Cytoplasmic domainSee all ADAM15 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to ADAM15 - Cytoplasmic domain
- Specificityab39159 recognises the cytoplasmic domain of ADAM15. This antibody recognizes zymogen and furin processed forms of ADAM15.
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide based on the cytoplasmic domain of human ADAM15.
(Peptide available as ab41210.)
- Positive controlCell lysate from human chondrosarcoma (treated with retinoic acid).
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C long term. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab39159 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionActive metalloproteinase with gelatinolytic and collagenolytic activity. Plays a role in the wound healing process. Mediates both heterotypic intraepithelial cell/T-cell interactions and homotypic T-cell aggregation. Inhibits beta-1 integrin-mediated cell adhesion and migration of airway smooth muscle cells. Suppresses cell motility on or towards fibronectin possibly by driving alpha-v/beta-1 integrin (ITAGV-ITGB1) cell surface expression via ERK1/2 inactivation. Cleaves E-cadherin in response to growth factor deprivation. Plays a role in glomerular cell migration. Plays a role in pathological neovascularization. May play a role in cartilage remodeling. May be proteolytically processed, during sperm epididymal maturation and the acrosome reaction. May play a role in sperm-egg binding through its disintegrin domain.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in colon and small intestine. Expressed in airway smooth muscle and glomerular mesangial cells (at protein level). Ubiquitously expressed. Overexpressed in atherosclerotic lesions. Constitutively expressed in cultured endothelium and smooth muscle. Expressed in chondrocytes. Expressed in airway smooth muscle and glomerular mesangial cells.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 1 disintegrin domain.
Contains 1 EGF-like domain.
Contains 1 peptidase M12B domain.
- DomainThe cytoplasmic domain interacts with endophilin I and sorting nexin 9.
Disintegrin domain binds to integrin alphaV-beta3.
The conserved cysteine present in the cysteine-switch motif binds the catalytic zinc ion, thus inhibiting the enzyme. The dissociation of the cysteine from the zinc ion upon the activation-peptide release activates the enzyme.
modificationsThe precursor is cleaved by a furin endopeptidase.
Phosphorylation increases association with PTKs.
- Cellular localizationEndomembrane system. Cell junction > adherens junction. Cell projection > cilium > flagellum. Cytoplasmic vesicle > secretory vesicle > acrosome. The majority of the protein is localized in a perinuclear compartment which may correspond to the trans-Golgi network or the late endosome. The pro-protein is the major detectable form on the cell surface, whereas the majority of the protein in the cell is processed.
- A disintegrin and metalloproteinase domain 15 antibodyA disintegrin and metalloproteinase domain 15 antibodyADA15_HUMAN antibody
- ADAM 15 antibodyADAM metallopeptidase domain 15 antibodyAdam15 antibodyand cysteine-rich protein 15 antibodyDisintegrin and metalloproteinase domain-containing protein 15 antibodydisintegrin-like antibodyEC 3.4.24. antibodyMDC 15 antibodyMDC-15 antibodyMDC15 antibodyMetalloprotease RGD disintegrin protein antibodyMetalloproteinase like disintegrin like and cysteine rich protein 15 antibodyMetalloproteinase-like antibodyMetargidin antibody
Anti-ADAM15 antibody - Cytoplasmic domain images
Anti-ADAM15 antibody - Cytoplasmic domain (ab39159) at 1/1000 dilution + cell media from human chondrosarcoma (treated with retinoic acid)
Predicted band size : 88 kDa
Observed band size : 84,90,110 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Additional bands at : 55 kDa (possible cleavage fragment).
References for Anti-ADAM15 antibody - Cytoplasmic domain (ab39159)
This product has been referenced in:
- Fried D et al. ADAM15 protein amplifies focal adhesion kinase phosphorylation under genotoxic stress conditions. J Biol Chem 287:21214-23 (2012). WB . Read more (PubMed: 22544741) »