Anti-ADAM17 antibody (ab77820)
- Product nameAnti-ADAM17 antibodySee all ADAM17 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to ADAM17
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH derived from within residues 800 to the C-terminus of Human ADAM17.
(Peptide available as ab94552.)
- Positive controlThis antibody gave a positive signal in the following whole cell lyates: HeLa; Jurkat; MDA MB 231, as well as the following tissue lysates; Human liver; Human heart; Human placenta; Human skeletal muscle.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab77820 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionCleaves the membrane-bound precursor of TNF-alpha to its mature soluble form. Responsible for the proteolytical release of soluble JAM3 from endothelial cells surface. Responsible for the proteolytic release of several other cell-surface proteins, including p75 TNF-receptor, interleukin 1 receptor type II, p55 TNF-receptor, transforming growth factor-alpha, L-selectin, growth hormone receptor, MUC1 and the amyloid precursor protein. Also involved in the activation of Notch pathway.
- Tissue specificityUbiquitously expressed. Expressed at highest levels in adult heart, placenta, skeletal muscle, pancreas, spleen, thymus, prostate, testes, ovary and small intestine, and in fetal brain, lung, liver and kidney.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 1 disintegrin domain.
Contains 1 peptidase M12B domain.
- DomainMust be membrane anchored to cleave the different substrates. The cytoplasmic domain is not required for the this activity. Only the catalytic domain is essential to shed TNF and p75 TNFR.
The conserved cysteine present in the cysteine-switch motif binds the catalytic zinc ion, thus inhibiting the enzyme. The dissociation of the cysteine from the zinc ion upon the activation-peptide release activates the enzyme.
modificationsThe precursor is cleaved by a furin endopeptidase.
Phosphorylated. Stimulation by growth factor or phorbol 12-myristate 13-acetate induces phosphorylation of Ser-819 but decreases phosphorylation of Ser-791.
- Cellular localizationMembrane.
- A disintegrin and metalloproteinase domain 17 (tumor necrosis factor, alpha, converting enzyme) antibodyA disintegrin and metalloproteinase domain 17 antibodyADA17_HUMAN antibody
- ADAM 17 antibodyADAM metallopeptidase domain 17 antibodyADAM17 antibodyADAM17 protein antibodyCD 156b antibodyCD156b antibodyCD156b antigen antibodyCSVP antibodyDisintegrin and metalloproteinase domain-containing protein 17 antibodyMGC71942 antibodySnake venom like protease antibodySnake venom-like protease antibodyTACE antibodyTNF alpha convertase antibodyTNF alpha converting enzyme antibodyTNF-alpha convertase antibodyTNF-alpha-converting enzyme antibodyTumor Necrosis Factor Alpha Converting Enzyme antibody
Anti-ADAM17 antibody images
All lanes : Anti-ADAM17 antibody (ab77820) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 : Jurkat (Human T cell lymphoblast-like cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 3 : MDA-MB-231 (Human breast adenocarcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 4 :
Liver (Human) Tissue Lysate - adult normal tissue (ab29889)
Lane 5 :
Heart (Human) Tissue Lysate - adult normal tissue (ab29431)
Lane 6 :
Placenta (Human) Tissue Lysate - adult normal tissue (ab29745)
Lane 7 :
Skeletal Muscle (Human) Tissue Lysate - adult normal tissue (ab29330)
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 93 kDa
Observed band size : 124 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Additional bands at : 18 kDa,30 kDa,69 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time : 2 minutes
References for Anti-ADAM17 antibody (ab77820)
ab77820 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.