Anti-ADAM2 antibody (ab50642)
- Product nameAnti-ADAM2 antibodySee all ADAM2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to ADAM2
- Specificityab50642 recognizes the 735 and 716 amino acid forms of ADAM-2.
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
A synthetic peptide based on the amino end of the metalloproteinase domain of human ADAM-2.
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS, 500mM Sodium chloride, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab50642 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionSperm surface membrane protein that may be involved in sperm-egg plasma membrane adhesion and fusion during fertilization. Could have a direct role in sperm-zona binding or migration of sperm from the uterus into the oviduct. Interactions with egg membrane could be mediated via binding between its disintegrin-like domain to one or more integrins receptors on the egg. This is a non catalytic metalloprotease-like protein.
- Tissue specificityExpressed specifically in spermatogenic cells in the seminiferous cells. Not detected in fetal tissues.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 1 disintegrin domain.
Contains 1 EGF-like domain.
Contains 1 peptidase M12B domain.
- DomainA tripeptide motif (FEE) within disintegrin-like domain could be involved in the binding to egg integrin receptor and thus could mediate sperm/egg binding.
modificationsThe prodomain and the metalloprotease domain are cleaved during the epididymal maturation of the spermatozoa.
- Cellular localizationMembrane.
- A disintegrin and metalloproteinase domain 2 antibody
- ADAM 2 antibody
- ADAM metallopeptidase domain 2 antibody
- Adam2 antibody
- ADAM2_HUMAN antibody
- AI323749 antibody
- Cancer/testis antigen 15 antibody
- CRYN1 antibody
- CRYN2 antibody
- CT15 antibody
- Disintegrin and metalloproteinase domain-containing protein 2 antibody
- Fertilin beta antibody
- Fertilin subunit beta antibody
- Ftnb antibody
- PH 30 antibody
- PH 30b antibody
- PH-30 antibody
- PH30 antibody
- Ph30 beta antibody
- PH30-beta antibody
Anti-ADAM2 antibody images
All lanes : Anti-ADAM2 antibody (ab50642) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : ST Lysate (treated with IL1-alpha) at 25 µl
Lane 2 : ST Lysate (treated with IL1-alpha) at 20 µl
Lane 3 : ST Lysate (treated with IL1-alpha) at 15 µl
Lane 4 : ST Lysate (treated with IL1-alpha) at 10 µl
Predicted band size : 64 kDa
References for Anti-ADAM2 antibody (ab50642)
ab50642 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.