Anti-ADAMTS4 antibody (ab111905)
- Product nameAnti-ADAMTS4 antibodySee all ADAMTS4 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to ADAMTS4
- Specificityab111905 is specific for ADAMTS4 and shows no cross-reactivity with other ADAMTS family members.
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Cow, Human, Pig
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat
Synthetic peptide: C-VMAHVDPEEP (with a Cysteine residue linker), corresponding to amino acids 390-399 of Mouse ADAMTS4 according to Q8BNJ2.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 99% PBS, 0.1% BSA
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab111905 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 90 kDa. This antibody detects ADAMTS4 at ~68, ~53 and 30 kDa protein representing ADAMTS4 and its proteolytic fragments. Depending on the extent of C-terminal processing, several smaller bands may also be seen using this antibody.|
- FunctionCleaves aggrecan, a cartilage proteoglycan, and may be involved in its turnover. May play an important role in the destruction of aggrecan in arthritic diseases. Could also be a critical factor in the exacerbation of neurodegeneration in Alzheimer disease. Cleaves aggrecan at the '392-Glu-
- Tissue specificityExpressed in brain, lung and heart. Expressed at very low level in placenta and skeletal muscles.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 1 disintegrin domain.
Contains 1 peptidase M12B domain.
Contains 1 TSP type-1 domain.
- DomainThe spacer domain and the TSP type-1 domains are important for a tight interaction with the extracellular matrix.
The conserved cysteine present in the cysteine-switch motif binds the catalytic zinc ion, thus inhibiting the enzyme. The dissociation of the cysteine from the zinc ion upon the activation-peptide release activates the enzyme.
modificationsThe precursor is cleaved by a furin endopeptidase.
- Cellular localizationSecreted > extracellular space > extracellular matrix.
- A disintegrin and metalloproteinase with thrombospondin motifs 4 antibody
- A disintegrin like and metalloprotease (reprolysin type) with thrombospondin type 1 motif 4 antibody
- A disintegrin like and metalloprotease with thrombospondin type 1 motif 4 antibody
- ADAM metallopeptidase with thrombospondin type 1 motif 4 antibody
- ADAM TS 4 antibody
- ADAM TS4 antibody
- ADAM-TS 4 antibody
- ADAM-TS4 antibody
- ADAMTS 2 antibody
- ADAMTS 4 antibody
- ADAMTS-4 antibody
- ADAMTS2 antibody
- ADAMTS4 antibody
- ADAMTS4 protein antibody
- ADMP 1 antibody
- ADMP-1 antibody
- ADMP1 antibody
- Aggrecanase 1 antibody
- Aggrecanase-1 antibody
- Aggrecanase1 antibody
- ATS4_HUMAN antibody
- KIAA0688 antibody
References for Anti-ADAMTS4 antibody (ab111905)
ab111905 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.