Anti-ADAMTS9 antibody (ab28279)
- Product nameAnti-ADAMTS9 antibodySee all ADAMTS9 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to ADAMTS9
- Tested applicationsNeutralising, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat
Synthetic peptide based on the propeptide region of human ADAMTS9. (Peptide available as ab41244.)
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesThe antibody has been peptide-affinity purified.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab28279 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Neutralising||Neut: Use at an assay dependent dilution. PubMed: 20551050To neutralize the effects of extracellular ADAMTS9.|
|WB||WB: 1/1000 - 1/5000. Predicted molecular weight: 217, 183 , 121 kDa.Can be blocked with ADAMTS9 peptide (Propeptide domain) (ab41244). EDTA/EGTA treatment of tissues or lysates is required to see latent zymogen.|
- RelevanceADAMTS proteases are secreted enzymes containing a prometalloprotease domain of the reprolysin type. The ADAMTS proteases function in processing of procollagens and von Willebrand factor as well as catabolism of aggrecan, versican and brevican. They have been demonstrated to have important roles in connective tissue organization, coagulation, inflammation, arthritis, angiogenesis and cell migration. ADAMTS9 is closest in homology to ADAMTS20, sharing 54% overall identity, and like ADAMTS20 ADAMTS9 gas a GON like domain at the carboxyterminal end. The GON domain at the carboxyterminal end is similar to the GON1 protein in C. elegans, mutations of which lead to defective gonadal development. ADAMTS9 is expressed in ovary and testis, but little is known about the role of ADAMTS9 in reproductive organs. ADAMTS9 is also expressed in the heart, placenta, lung, skeletal tissue, and pancreas, so the protein must have wider functions than just gonadal development. ADAMTS9, like ADAMTS20, has a total of 15 thrombospondin like domains. The first TS domain begins shortly after the catalytic and disintegrin domains. TS domains 2 to 6 follow a spacer domain, followed by linker domain 1, then TS domains 7 & 8, linker domain 2, and then TS domains 9 to 15. In other ADAMTS proteins the TS motifs are thought to bind to the ECM. The ADAMTS proteins contain at least one prohormone convertase cleavage site, although it appears that one site is used preferentially, and cleavage of the propeptide domain at this site generates active enzymes. For ADAMTS9, this site is the RRTKR sequence, and the mature ADAMTS9 has an aminoterminal sequence of FLSYPR. The catalytic site of ADAMTS9 is most like ADAMTS1, 14 and 15, with an HExxHVFNMxH sequence, perhaps giving these enzymes some shared specificity.
- Cellular localizationSecreted protein; extracellular space; extracellular matrix.
- A disintegrin and metalloproteinase with thrombospondin motifs 9 antibodyA disintegrin and metalloproteinase with thrombospondin motifs 9 antibodyA disintegrin like and metalloprotease (reprolysin type) with thrombospondin type 1 motif 9 antibody
- A disintegrin like and metalloprotease with thrombospondin type 1 motif 9 antibodyADAM metallopeptidase with thrombospondin type 1 motif 9 antibodyADAM TS 9 antibodyADAM TS 9 antibodyADAM TS9 antibodyADAM TS9 antibodyADAMTS 9 antibodyFLJ42955 antibodyKIAA1312 antibody
References for Anti-ADAMTS9 antibody (ab28279)
This product has been referenced in:
- Lo PH et al. Extracellular protease ADAMTS9 suppresses esophageal and nasopharyngeal carcinoma tumor formation by inhibiting angiogenesis. Cancer Res 70:5567-76 (2010). WB, Neutralising ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 20551050) »