ADP Assay Kit (Colorimetric/Fluorometric) (ab83359)
- Product nameADP Assay Kit (Colorimetric/Fluorometric)
- Tests100 x 1 assay
- Sample typeUrine, Serum, Plasma, Cell culture extracts, Other biological fluids, Tissue Extracts, Cell Lysate, Cell culture media
- Assay typeQuantitative
- Sensitivity> 1 µM
- Assay time1h 00m
- Product overview
Abcam's ADP Assay Kit (Colorimetric/Fluorometric) provides a convenient colorimetric and fluorometric means to measure ADP level. In the assay, ADP is converted to ATP and pyruvate. The generated pyruvate can be quantified by colorimetric (λmax = 570 nm) or fluorometric method (Ex/Em 535/587 nm). The assay is simple, sensitive, stable and high-throughput adaptable.
Visit our FAQs page for tips and troubleshooting.
Conventionally, ADP levels are measured by luciferase/luciferin mediated assays after ADP is converted to ATP. However, the luciferase system is unstable and luminescence equipment is not generally available in most laboratories.
- Tested applicationsFunctional Studies more details
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components Identifier 100 tests ADP Assay Buffer WM 1 x 25ml ADP Converter (lyophilized) Purple 1 vial ADP Developer Mix (lyophilized) Green 1 vial ADP Probe (in DMSO) Red 1 x 200µl ADP Standard (1 µmole) (lyophilized) Yellow 1 vial
- RelevanceADP (Adenosine diphosphate) is a product of ATP dephosphorylation and it can be rephosphorylated to ATP. Dephosphorylation and rephosphorylation occur via various phosphatases, phosphorylases and kinases. ADP is stored in platelets and can be released to interact with a variety of purinergic receptors. ADP levels regulate several enzymes involved in intermediary metabolism. ADP conversion to ATP primarily occurs within the mitochondrion and chloroplast although several such processes occur in the cytoplasm.
- Adenosine diphosphate
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab83359 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
ADP Assay Kit (Colorimetric/Fluorometric) images
Colorimetric and Fluorometric examples of ADP Standard curve.
References for ADP Assay Kit (Colorimetric/Fluorometric) (ab83359)
This product has been referenced in:
- Mayeur S et al. Maternal calorie restriction modulates placental mitochondrial biogenesis and bioenergetic efficiency: putative involvement in fetoplacental growth defects in rats. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 304:E14-22 (2013). Functional Studies . Read more (PubMed: 23092912) »