Anti-AFAP antibody (ab101961)
- Product nameAnti-AFAP antibodySee all AFAP primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to AFAP
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to a region within amino acids 301-350 (QVKRKKSSKS EAKGTVSKVT GKKITKIISL GKKKPSTDEQ TSSAEEDVPT) of Human AFAP(NP_940997).
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: 2% Sucrose, PBS
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab101961 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 81 kDa. Good results were obtained when blocked with 5% non-fat dry milk in 0.05% PBS-T.|
- FunctionCan cross-link actin filaments into both network and bundle structures (By similarity). May modulate changes in actin filament integrity and induce lamellipodia formation. May function as an adapter molecule that links other proteins, such as SRC and PKC to the actin cytoskeleton. Seems to play a role in the development and progression of prostate adenocarcinoma by regulating cell-matrix adhesions and migration in the cancer cells.
- Tissue specificityLow expression in normal breast epithelial cell line MCF-10A and in tumorigenic breast cancer cell lines MCF-7, T-47D and ZR75-1. Highly expressed in the invasive breast cancer cell lines MDA-MB-231 and MDA-MB-435. Overexpressed in prostate carcinoma.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 2 PH domains.
modificationsPhosphorylated on tyrosine residues by SRC.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytoskeleton. Localizes with stress fibers in quiescent cells, concentrated in cell motility structures such as lamellipodia, filopodia and membrane ruffles upon their induction.
- 110 kDa actin filament associated protein antibody110 kDa actin filament-associated protein antibodyActin filament associated protein 1 antibody
- Actin filament associated protein 110 kDa antibodyActin filament-associated protein 1 antibodyAFAP 1 antibodyAFAP 110 antibodyAFAP antibodyAFAP-110 antibodyAFAP1 antibodyAFAP1_HUMAN antibodyFLJ56849 antibody
References for Anti-AFAP antibody (ab101961)
ab101961 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.