Anti-AHA1 antibody (ab56721)
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
PBS, pH 7.2
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Light chain typekappa
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab56721 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 - 5 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 38 kDa.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use 1µg for 106 cells.|
- FunctionCochaperone that stimulates HSP90 ATPase activity (By similarity). May affect a step in the endoplasmic reticulum to Golgi trafficking.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in numerous tissues, including brain, heart, skeletal muscle and kidney and, at lower levels, liver and placenta.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the AHA1 family.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytosol. Endoplasmic reticulum. May transiently interact with the endoplasmic reticulum.
- Activator of 90 kDa heat shock protein ATPase homolog 1 antibodyActivator of heat shock 90kDa protein ATPase homolog 1 antibodyAHA 1 antibody
- AHA1 antibodyAHSA 1 antibodyAhsa1 antibodyAHSA1_HUMAN antibodyC14orf3 antibodyHSPC322 antibodyp38 antibody
Anti-AHA1 antibody images
Predicted band size : 38 kDa
AHA1 antibody (ab56721) at 1ug/lane + HepG2 cell lysate at 25ug/lane.
IHC image of ab56721 staining in human normal hippocampus formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab56721, 1µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
Overlay histogram showing HEK293 cells stained with ab56721 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab56721, 1µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG1 [ICIGG1] (ab91353, 2µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed. This antibody gave a positive signal in HEK293 cells fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min)/permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min used under the same conditions.
References for Anti-AHA1 antibody (ab56721)
This product has been referenced in:
- Zurawska A et al. Mutations that increase both Hsp90 ATPase activity in vitro and Hsp90 drug resistance in vivo. Biochim Biophys Acta 1803:575-583 (2010). Read more (PubMed: 20226818) »
- McDowell CL et al. Expression of Hsp90 chaperome proteins in human tumor tissue. Int J Biol Macromol 45:310-4 (2009). Read more (PubMed: 19576239) »