Anti-AKAP12 antibody (ab9698)
- Product nameAnti-AKAP12 antibodySee all AKAP12 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionGoat polyclonal to AKAP12
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide: C-KQERESAKSELTES, corresponding to C terminal amino acids 1769-1782 of Human AKAP12(Peptide available as ab23159.)
- Positive controlJurkat and HeLa cell lysates
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferTris saline, 0.02% Na azide, pH7.3 with 0.5% BSA
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityIgG fraction
- Purification notesPurified from goat serum by ammonium sulphate precipitation followed by antigen affinity chromatography using the immunizing peptide.
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab9698 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 0.5 - 2 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 268 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 196 kDa).Can be blocked with AKAP12 peptide (1769-1782) (ab23159).|
- FunctionAnchoring protein that mediates the subcellular compartmentation of protein kinase A (PKA) and protein kinase C (PKC).
- Tissue specificityExpressed in endothelial cells, cultured fibroblasts and osteosarcoma, but not in platelets, leukocytes, monocytic cell lines or peripherical blood cells.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 3 AKAP domains.
- DomainPolybasic regions located between residues 266 and 557 are involved in binding PKC.
modificationsPhosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cell cortex. Cytoplasm > cytoskeleton. May be part of the cortical cytoskeleton.
- A kinase (PRKA) anchor protein (gravin) 12 antibodyA kinase Anchor Protein 12 antibodyA kinase Anchor Protein 12 antibody
- A kinase anchor protein 250kDa antibodyA-kinase anchor protein 12 antibodyA-kinase anchor protein 250 kDa antibodyAKA12_HUMAN antibodyAKAP 12 antibodyAKAP 250 antibodyAKAP-12 antibodyAKAP12 antibodyAKAP250 antibodyDKFZp686M0430 antibodyDKFZp686O0331 antibodyFLJ20945 antibodyFLJ97621 antibodyGercelin antibodyGravin antibodyKinase scaffold protein gravin antibodyMyasthenia gravis autoantigen antibodyMyasthenia gravis autoantigen gravin antibodyOTTHUMP00000017426 antibodyOTTHUMP00000017427 antibodySrc-Suppressed C Kinase Substrate antibodySrcs5 antibodySSeCKS antibodyTsga12 antibody
Anti-AKAP12 antibody images
All lanes : Anti-AKAP12 antibody (ab9698) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate (ab27252)
Lane 2 :
SW480 (Human colon adenocarcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate (ab3957)
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
Rabbit polyclonal to Goat IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) (ab65486) at 1/3000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 196 kDa
Observed band size : 268 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Additional bands at : 100 kDa,30 kDa,45 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
References for Anti-AKAP12 antibody (ab9698)
This product has been referenced in:
- Lynch MJ et al. RNA silencing identifies PDE4D5 as the functionally relevant cAMP phosphodiesterase interacting with beta arrestin to control the protein kinase A/AKAP79-mediated switching of the beta2-adrenergic receptor to activation of ERK in HEK293B2 cells. J Biol Chem 280:33178-89 (2005). Read more (PubMed: 16030021) »