Anti-AKT1/2/3 antibody (ab79360)
- Product nameAnti-AKT1/2/3 antibodySee all AKT1/2/3 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to AKT1/2/3
- Specificityab79360 detects endogenous levels of total AKT1/2/3 protein.
- Tested applicationsWB, IHC-P, ELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse
Synthesized non-phosphopeptide derived from human AKT1/2/3 around the phosphorylation site of tyrosine 315/316/312 (P-E-YP-L-A).
- Positive controlHuman brain tissue and A549 cell extract.
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS (without Mg2+ and Ca2+), 150mM Sodium chloride, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesThe antibody was affinity purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity chromatography using epitope specific immunogen.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab79360 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 48 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 56 kDa).|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/50 - 1/100.|
- FunctionIGF-1 leads to the activation of AKT3, which may play a role in regulating cell survival. Capable of phosphorylating several known proteins. Truncated isoform 2/PKB gamma 1 without the second serine phosphorylation site could still be stimulated but to a lesser extent.
- Tissue specificityIn adult tissues, it is highly expressed in brain, lung and kidney, but weakly in heart, testis and liver. In fetal tissues, it is highly expressed in heart, liver and brain and not at all in kidney.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. AGC Ser/Thr protein kinase family. RAC subfamily.
Contains 1 AGC-kinase C-terminal domain.
Contains 1 PH domain.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
- DomainBinding of the PH domain to the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase alpha (PI(3)K) results in its targeting to the plasma membrane.
modificationsPhosphorylation on Thr-305 and Ser-472 is required for full activity (By similarity). Phosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR.
Ubiquitinated. When fully phosphorylated and translocated into the nucleus, undergoes 'Lys-48'-polyubiquitination catalyzed by TTC3, leading to its degradation by the proteasome.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Membrane. Membrane-associated after cell stimulation leading to its translocation.
- Entrez Gene: 208 Human
- Entrez Gene: 207 Human
- Entrez Gene: 10000 Human
- Entrez Gene: 11651 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 11652 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 23797 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 24185 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 25233 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 29414 Rat
- Omim: 164730 Human
- Omim: 164731 Human
- Omim: 611223 Human
- SwissProt: P31749 Human
- SwissProt: P31751 Human
- SwissProt: Q9Y243 Human
- SwissProt: P31750 Mouse
- SwissProt: Q60823 Mouse
- SwissProt: Q9WUA6 Mouse
- SwissProt: P47196 Rat
- SwissProt: P47197 Rat
- SwissProt: Q63484 Rat
- Unigene: 525622 Human
- Unigene: 631535 Human
- Unigene: 498292 Human
- Unigene: 235194 Mouse
- Unigene: 11422 Rat
- Unigene: 87066 Rat
- Unigene: 10506 Rat
- AKT antibodyAKT1 antibodyAKT1 kinase antibody
- AKT2 antibodyAKT2 kinase antibodyAkt3 antibodyAKT3_HUMAN antibodyCAKT antibodyDKFZp434N0250 antibodykinase Akt1 antibodyMGC99656 antibodyMurine thymoma viral (v-akt) homolog 2 antibodyPKB antibodyPKB gamma antibodyPKB-GAMMA antibodyPKB/Akt antibodyPKBALPHA antibodyPKBB antibodyPKBBETA antibodyPKBG antibodyPKBGAMMA antibodyPRKBA antibodyPRKBB antibodyPRKBG antibodyProtein kinase Akt-3 antibodyProtein kinase B antibodyProtein kinase B gamma antibodyRAC antibodyrac protein kinase alpha antibodyrac protein kinase beta antibodyRAC-gamma antibodyRAC-gamma serine/threonine-protein kinase antibodyRAC-PK-gamma antibodyRACALPHA antibodyRACalpha serine/threonine kinase antibodyRACBETA antibodyRACgamma antibodyRACgamma serine/threonine protein kinase antibodyRACPKgamma antibodyserine threonine protein kinase antibodySTK-2 antibodySTK2 antibodythymoma viral proto oncogene 1 antibodythymoma viral proto oncogene antibodyvakt murine thymoma viral oncogene homolog 1 antibodyvakt murine thymoma viral oncogene homolog 2 antibodyvakt murine thymoma viral oncogene homolog 3 antibody
Anti-AKT1/2/3 antibody images
All lanes : Anti-AKT1/2/3 antibody (ab79360) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : A549 cell extract at 5 µg
Lane 2 : A549 cell extract with immunizing peptide at 5 µg
Predicted band size : 56 kDa
Observed band size : 48 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
ab79360, at 1/50 dilution, staining AKT1/2/3 in human brain tissue by Immunohistochemistry in the presence (right) or absence (left) of immunizing peptide. Formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded section.