Anti-AKT1/2 antibody (ab86926)
- Product nameAnti-AKT1/2 antibodySee all AKT1/2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to AKT1/2
- SpecificityNo cross reactivity with other proteins is observed.
- Tested applicationsWB, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
A synthetic peptide corresponding to a sequence at the N-terminal of Human AKT1/2
- Positive controlHuman breast cancer tissue; MCF7, HeLa, MM453, HT1080 and Colo320 whole cell lysates.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide, 0.01% Thimerosal (merthiolate)
Constituents: 2.5% BSA, 0.45% Sodium chloride, 0.1% Dibasic monohydrogen sodium phosphate
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab86926 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 56 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 56 kDa).|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 2 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
- RelevanceThe serine/threonine kinase AKT (protein kinase B or PKB) has a central role in the regulation of several signaling pathways controlling cell proliferation, apoptosis, angiogenesis, and diabetes. In humans, there are three genes in the "AKT family": AKT1, AKT2, and AKT3. AKT1 is catalytically inactive in serum starved primary and immortalized fibroblasts. AKT1 and the related AKT2 are activated by platelet derived growth factor. The activation is rapid and specific. In the developing nervous system AKT is a critical mediator of growth factor induced neuronal survival. Survival factors can suppress apoptosis in a transcription independent manner by activating the serine/threonine kinase AKT1, which then phosphorylates and inactivates components of the apoptotic machinery. AKT2 is a putative oncogene and is a general protein kinase capable of phophorylating several known proteins. AKT2 is amplified and overexpressed in some human carcinomas. AKT2 acts primarily as a regulator of glucose metabolism.
- Cellular localizationATK1: Cytoplasm. Nucleus. Cell membrane. Note: Nucleus after activation by integrin-linked protein kinase 1 (ILK1). Nuclear translocation is enhanced by interaction with TCL1A.
- Entrez Gene: 207 Human
- Entrez Gene: 208 Human
- Entrez Gene: 11651 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 11652 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 24185 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 25233 Rat
- Omim: 164730 Human
- Omim: 164731 Human
- SwissProt: P31749 Human
- SwissProt: P31751 Human
- SwissProt: P31750 Mouse
- SwissProt: Q60823 Mouse
- SwissProt: P47196 Rat
- SwissProt: P47197 Rat
- Unigene: 525622 Human
- Unigene: 631535 Human
- AKT 1 antibodyAKT 2 antibodyAKT antibody
- AKT1 antibodyAKT1 kinase antibodyAKT2 antibodyAKT2 kinase antibodyC AKT antibodyMGC99656 antibodyMurine thymoma viral (v akt) homolog 2 antibodyOncogene AKT1 antibodyPKB alpha antibodyPKB antibodyPKB beta antibodyPKBB antibodyPKBBETA antibodyPRKBA antibodyPRKBB antibodyProtein kinase Akt 2 antibodyProtein Kinase B Alpha antibodyProtein kinase B antibodyProtein kinase B beta antibodyRAC antibodyRAC alpha antibodyRAC alpha serine/threonine protein kinase antibodyRAC BETA antibodyRAC beta serine threonine protein kinase antibodyRAC PK alpha antibodyRAC PK beta antibodyRac protein kinase alpha antibodyRac protein kinase beta antibodyRACbeta antibodyv akt murine thymoma viral oncogene homolog 1 antibodyv akt murine thymoma viral oncogene homolog 2 antibody
Anti-AKT1/2 antibody images
ab86926, at 2µg/ml, staining ATK1/2 in paraffin-embedded human breast cancer tissue by Immunohistochemistry.
All lanes : Anti-AKT1/2 antibody (ab86926) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : MCF7 whole cell lysate
Lane 2 : HeLa whole cell lysate
Lane 3 : MM453 whole cell lysate
Lane 4 : HT1080 whole cell lysate
Lane 5 : Colo320 whole cell lysate
Predicted band size : 56 kDa
Observed band size : 56 kDa
References for Anti-AKT1/2 antibody (ab86926)
ab86926 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.