Anti-AKT1/3 antibody (ab79361)
- Product nameAnti-AKT1/3 antibodySee all AKT1/3 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to AKT1/3
- SpecificityThe antibody detects endogenous levels of total AKT1/3 protein
- Tested applicationsWB, ELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat
Synthesized non-phosphopeptide derived from human AKT1/3 around the phosphorylation site of tyrosine 437/434 (T-R-YP-F-D).
- Positive controlA549 cell extract.
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS (without Mg2+ and Ca2+), 150mM Sodium chloride, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesThe antibody was affinity purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity chromatography using epitope specific immunogen.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab79361 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 56 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 56 kDa).|
- RelevanceAKT1 and AKT3 are members of the AKT, also called PKB, serine/threonine protein kinase family. AKT kinases are known to be regulators of cell signaling in response to insulin and growth factors. They are involved in a wide variety of biological processes including cell proliferation, differentiation, apoptosis, tumorigenesis, as well as glycogen synthesis and glucose uptake. This kinase has been shown to be stimulated by platelet derived growth factor (PDGF), insulin, and insulin like growth factor 1 (IGF1). Alternatively splice transcript variants encoding distinct isoforms have been described. The protein kinase encoded by the AKT1 gene is catalytically inactive in serum starved primary and immortalized fibroblasts. AKT1 and the related AKT2 are activated by platelet derived growth factor. The activation is rapid and specific, and it is abrogated by mutations in the pleckstrin homology domain of AKT1. It was shown that the activation occurs through phosphatidylinositol 3 kinase. In the developing nervous system AKT is a critical mediator of growth factor induced neuronal survival. Survival factors can suppress apoptosis in a transcription-independent manner by activating the serine/threonine kinase AKT1, which then phosphorylates and inactivates components of the apoptotic machinery. Multiple alternatively spliced transcript variants have been found for this gene
- Cellular localizationCell Membrane, Cytoplasmic and Nuclear
- Entrez Gene: 207 Human
- Entrez Gene: 10000 Human
- Entrez Gene: 11651 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 23797 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 24185 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 29414 Rat
- Omim: 164730 Human
- Omim: 611223 Human
- SwissProt: P31749 Human
- SwissProt: Q9Y243 Human
- SwissProt: P31750 Mouse
- SwissProt: Q9WUA6 Mouse
- SwissProt: P47196 Rat
- SwissProt: Q63484 Rat
- Unigene: 525622 Human
- Unigene: 498292 Human
- Unigene: 11422 Rat
- Unigene: 10506 Rat
- AKT antibodyAKT1 antibodyAKT1 kinase antibody
- AKT3 antibodyAKT3 kinase antibodyCAKT antibodymurine thymoma viral (vakt) oncogene homolog 1 antibodymurine thymoma viral (vakt) oncogene homolog 3 antibodyONCOGENE AKT1 antibodyPKB antibodyPKBAkt antibodyPKBALPHA antibodyPKBG antibodyPKBGAMMA antibodyPRKBA antibodyPRKBG antibodyprotein kinase B antibodyprotein kinase B gamma antibodyPROTEIN KINASE BALPHA antibodyRAC antibodyrac protein kinase alpha antibodyRAC protein kinase alpha RACPK alpha antibodyRACALPHA antibodyRACalpha serine/threonine protein kinase antibodyRACgamma antibodyRACgamma serine/threonine protein kinase antibodyRACPK gamma antibodyserine/threonine protein kinase antibodySTK2 antibodythymoma viral protooncogene 1 antibodythymoma viral protooncogene 3 antibodythymoma viral protooncogene antibodyvakt murine thymoma viral oncogene like protein 1 antibody
Anti-AKT1/3 antibody images
All lanes : Anti-AKT1/3 antibody (ab79361) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : A549 cell extract
Lane 2 : A549 cell extract with immunizing peptide at 5 µg
Lysates/proteins at 5 µg per lane.
Predicted band size : 56 kDa
Observed band size : 56 kDa
Additional bands at : 75 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
References for Anti-AKT1/3 antibody (ab79361)
ab79361 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.