Anti-AKT1 antibody [Y89] (ab32505)
- Product nameAnti-AKT1 antibody [Y89]See all AKT1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [Y89] to AKT1
- SpecificityThis product reacts with AKT1. Due to sequence homology this product may also cross react with AKT2 and AKT3.
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, WB, IHC-P, Flow Cyt, IP more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat, Cow
synthetic peptide corresponding to residues in C-terminus of human Akt1.
- Positive control
- MCF7 cell lysate and prostate carcinoma tissue.
- General notes
Produced under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
This product is available conjugated to DyLight® 488 see ab139835.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPBS 49%,Sodium azide 0.01%,Glycerol 50%,BSA 0.05%
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberY89
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab32505 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: 1/100 - 1/250.|
|WB||WB: 1/5000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 59 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 56 kDa).|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: 1/20.|
- FunctionPlays a role as a key modulator of the AKT-mTOR signaling pathway controlling the tempo of the process of newborn neurons integration during adult neurogenesis, including correct neuron positioning, dendritic development and synapse formation (By similarity). General protein kinase capable of phosphorylating several known proteins. Phosphorylates TBC1D4. Signals downstream of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI(3)K) to mediate the effects of various growth factors such as platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF), epidermal growth factor (EGF), insulin and insulin-like growth factor I (IGF-I). Plays a role in glucose transport by mediating insulin-induced translocation of the GLUT4 glucose transporter to the cell surface. Mediates the antiapoptotic effects of IGF-I. Mediates insulin-stimulated protein synthesis by phosphorylating TSC2 at 'Ser-939' and 'Thr-1462', thereby activating mTORC1 signaling and leading to both phosphorylation of 4E-BP1 and in activation of RPS6KB1. Promotes glycogen synthesis by mediating the insulin-induced activation of glycogen synthase. The activated form can suppress FoxO gene transcription and promote cell cycle progression. Essential for the SPATA13-mediated regulation of cell migration and adhesion assembly and disassembly.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in all human cell types so far analyzed. The Tyr-176 phosphorylated form shows a significant increase in expression in breast cancers during the progressive stages i.e. normal to hyperplasia (ADH), ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS), invasive ductal carcinoma (IDC) and lymph node metastatic (LNMM) stages.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in AKT1 are a cause of susceptibility to breast cancer (BC) [MIM:114480]. A common malignancy originating from breast epithelial tissue. Breast neoplasms can be distinguished by their histologic pattern. Invasive ductal carcinoma is by far the most common type. Breast cancer is etiologically and genetically heterogeneous. Important genetic factors have been indicated by familial occurrence and bilateral involvement. Mutations at more than one locus can be involved in different families or even in the same case.
Defects in AKT1 are associated with colorectal cancer (CRC) [MIM:114500].
Defects in AKT1 are associated with susceptibility to ovarian cancer [MIM:604370]; also called susceptibility to familial breast-ovarian cancer type 1 (BROVCA1).
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. AGC Ser/Thr protein kinase family. RAC subfamily.
Contains 1 AGC-kinase C-terminal domain.
Contains 1 PH domain.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
- DomainBinding of the PH domain to the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase alpha (PI(3)K) results in its targeting to the plasma membrane. The PH domain mediates interaction with TNK2 and Tyr-176 is also essential for this interaction.
The AGC-kinase C-terminal mediates interaction with THEM4.
modificationsPhosphorylation on Thr-308, Ser-473 and Tyr-474 is required for full activity. Activated TNK2 phosphorylates it on Tyr-176 resulting in its binding to the anionic plasma membrane phospholipid PA. This phosphorylated form localizes to the cell membrane, where it is targeted by PDPK1 and PDPK2 for further phosphorylations on Thr-308 and Ser-473 leading to its activation. Ser-473 phosphorylation by mTORC2 favors Thr-308 phosphorylation by PDPK1. Ser-473 phosphorylation is enhanced by interaction with AGAP2 isoform 2 (PIKE-A). Ser-473 phosphorylation is enhanced in focal cortical dysplasias with Taylor-type balloon cells.
Ubiquitinated; undergoes both 'Lys-48'- and 'Lys-63'-linked polyubiquitination. TRAF6-induced 'Lys-63'-linked AKT1 ubiquitination is critical for phosphorylation and activation. When ubiquitinated, it translocates to the plasma membrane, where it becomes phosphorylated. When fully phosphorylated and translocated into the nucleus, undergoes 'Lys-48'-polyubiquitination catalyzed by TTC3, leading to its degradation by the proteasome.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Cell membrane. Nucleus after activation by integrin-linked protein kinase 1 (ILK1). Nuclear translocation is enhanced by interaction with TCL1A. Phosphorylation on Tyr-176 by TNK2 results in its localization to the cell membrane where it is targeted for further phosphorylations on Thr-308 and Ser-473 leading to its activation and the activated form translocates to the nucleus.
- AKT 1 antibody
- AKT antibody
- AKT1 antibody
- AKT1_HUMAN antibody
- C AKT antibody
- MGC9965 antibody
- MGC99656 antibody
- Oncogene AKT1 antibody
- PKB antibody
- PKB antibody
- PKB-ALPHA antibody
- PRKBA antibody
- Protein Kinase B Alpha antibody
- Protein kinase B antibody
- Proto-oncogene c-Akt antibody
- RAC Alpha antibody
- RAC antibody
- RAC PK Alpha antibody
- RAC Serine/Threonine Protein Kinase antibody
- RAC Serine/Threonine Protein Kinase antibody
- RAC-alpha serine/threonine-protein kinase antibody
- RAC-PK-alpha antibody
- vAKT Murine Thymoma Viral Oncogene Homolog 1 antibody
Anti-AKT1 antibody [Y89] images
ab32505 staining AKT1 in SK-N-SH cells treated with alsterpaullone (ab141070), by ICC/IF. Decrease of AKT1 expression correlates with increased concentration of alsterpaullone, as described in literature.
The cells were incubated at 37°C for 6h in media containing different concentrations of ab141070 (alsterpaullone) in DMSO, fixed with 4% formaldehyde for 10 minutes at room temperature and blocked with PBS containing 10% goat serum, 0.3 M glycine, 1% BSA and 0.1% tween for 2h at room temperature. Staining of the treated cells with ab32505 (1/200 dilution was performed overnight at 4°C in PBS containing 1% BSA and 0.1% tween. A DyLight 488 anti-rabbit polyclonal antibody (ab96899) at 1/250 dilution was used as the secondary antibody. Nuclei were counterstained with DAPI and are shown in blue.
Anti-AKT1 antibody [Y89] (ab32505) at 1/10000 dilution + MCF-7 cell lysate
Predicted band size : 56 kDa
Observed band size : 59 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded prostate carcinoma using ab32505 at 1/100 dilution.Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded prostate carcinoma using ab32505 at 1/100 dilution.
Overlay histogram showing HeLa cells stained with ab32505 (red line). The cells were fixed with methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab32505, 1/20 dilution) for 30 min at 22°C. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) (ab96899) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22°C. Isotype control antibody (black line) was rabbit monoclonal IgG (1µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed. This antibody gave a slightly decreased signal in HeLa cells fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min)/permeabilized in 0.1% PBS-Tween used under the same conditions.
References for Anti-AKT1 antibody [Y89] (ab32505)
This product has been referenced in:
- Johansson M et al. The soluble form of the tumor suppressor Lrig1 potently inhibits in vivo glioma growth irrespective of EGF receptor status. Neuro Oncol 15:1200-11 (2013). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 23723255) »
- Mukherjee A & Rotwein P Selective signaling by Akt1 controls osteoblast differentiation and osteoblast-mediated osteoclast development. Mol Cell Biol 32:490-500 (2012). WB ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 22064480) »