Anti-AKT1/2 antibody (ab6076)
- Product nameAnti-AKT1/2 antibodySee all AKT1/2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to AKT1/2
- Specificityab6076 recognizes both AKT1 and AKT2. The sequence used as the immunogen differs from the mouse sequence by 1 amino acid.
- Tested applicationsICC, WB, IHC, IP, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to C terminal amino acids of Human AKT1/2.
- Positive controlThis antibody gave a positive signal in the following whole cell lysates: HepG2; MCF7; HeLa; NIH3T3.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Do not freeze.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 0.2% Gelatin, PBS
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab6076 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 60 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 56 kDa).|
|IHC||IHC: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IP||IP: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
- RelevanceThe serine/threonine kinase AKT (protein kinase B or PKB) has a central role in the regulation of several signaling pathways controlling cell proliferation, apoptosis, angiogenesis, and diabetes. In humans, there are three genes in the "AKT family": AKT1, AKT2, and AKT3. AKT1 is catalytically inactive in serum starved primary and immortalized fibroblasts. AKT1 and the related AKT2 are activated by platelet derived growth factor. The activation is rapid and specific. In the developing nervous system AKT is a critical mediator of growth factor induced neuronal survival. Survival factors can suppress apoptosis in a transcription independent manner by activating the serine/threonine kinase AKT1, which then phosphorylates and inactivates components of the apoptotic machinery. AKT2 is a putative oncogene and is a general protein kinase capable of phophorylating several known proteins. AKT2 is amplified and overexpressed in some human carcinomas. AKT2 acts primarily as a regulator of glucose metabolism.
- Cellular localizationATK1: Cytoplasm. Nucleus. Cell membrane. Note: Nucleus after activation by integrin-linked protein kinase 1 (ILK1). Nuclear translocation is enhanced by interaction with TCL1A.
- Entrez Gene: 207 Human
- Entrez Gene: 208 Human
- Entrez Gene: 11651 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 11652 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 24185 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 25233 Rat
- Omim: 164730 Human
- Omim: 164731 Human
- SwissProt: P31749 Human
- SwissProt: P31751 Human
- SwissProt: P31750 Mouse
- SwissProt: Q60823 Mouse
- SwissProt: P47196 Rat
- SwissProt: P47197 Rat
- Unigene: 525622 Human
- Unigene: 631535 Human
- AKT 1 antibodyAKT 2 antibodyAKT antibody
- AKT1 antibodyAKT1 kinase antibodyAKT2 antibodyAKT2 kinase antibodyC AKT antibodyMGC9965 antibodyMGC99656 antibodyMurine thymoma viral (v akt) homolog 2 antibodyMurine thymoma viral (vakt) oncogene homolog 1 antibodyOncogene AKT1 antibodyPKB Akt antibodyPKB alpha antibodyPKB antibodyPKB beta antibodyPKBalpha antibodyPKBB antibodyPKBBETA antibodyPRKBA antibodyPRKBB antibodyProtein kinase Akt 2 antibodyProtein Kinase B Alpha antibodyProtein kinase B antibodyProtein kinase B beta antibodyRAC alpha antibodyRAC alpha serine/threonine protein kinase antibodyRAC antibodyRAC BETA antibodyRAC beta serine threonine protein kinase antibodyRAC PK alpha antibodyRAC PK beta antibodyRac protein kinase alpha antibodyRac protein kinase beta antibodyRACbeta antibodyv akt murine thymoma viral oncogene homolog 1 antibodyv akt murine thymoma viral oncogene homolog 2 antibodyvAKT Murine Thymoma Viral Oncogene Homolog 1 antibodyVAKT Murine Thymona Viral Oncogene 1 antibody
Anti-AKT1/2 antibody images
ab6076 detecting strong nuclear staining of AKT1/2 in adult dorsal root ganglion cells cultured for 2 days. ab6076 was used at 1/300 (incubated for 2h at room temperature). Secondary antibody used is anti-rabbit alexa fluor 488 (at 1/1000 for 1hr at room temperature). The cell diameter is approx. 25
µm. Nucl = Nucleus; Cyt.=Cytoplasm.
All lanes : Anti-AKT1/2 antibody (ab6076) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HepG2 (Human hepatocellular liver carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 : MCF7 (Human breast adenocarcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 3 : HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 4 : NIH 3T3 (Mouse embryonic fibroblast cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Goat polyclonal Secondary Antibody to Rabbit IgG - H&L (HRP), pre-adsorbed (ab97080) at 1/5000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 56 kDa
Observed band size : 60 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Exposure time : 2 minutes
References for Anti-AKT1/2 antibody (ab6076)
This product has been referenced in:
- Riaz A et al. Receptor-specific mechanisms regulate phosphorylation of AKT at Ser473: role of RICTOR in ß1 integrin-mediated cell survival. PLoS One 7:e32081 (2012). IP ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 22384145) »
- Glienke W et al. The dual PI3K/mTOR inhibitor NVP-BGT226 induces cell cycle arrest and regulates Survivin gene expression in human pancreatic cancer cell lines. Tumour Biol : (2011). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 22170433) »