Anti-AKT1 antibody (ab91505)
- Product nameAnti-AKT1 antibodySee all AKT1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to AKT1
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Chicken, Cow
Synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH derived from within residues 300 - 400 of Human AKT1.
- Positive controlThis antibody gave a positive signal in the following whole cell lysates: MCF7; HeLa; Jurkat; HepG2; PC12; RAW 264.7; NIH 3T3.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab91505 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 mg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 53 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 55 kDa).|
- FunctionPlays a role as a key modulator of the AKT-mTOR signaling pathway controlling the tempo of the process of newborn neurons integration during adult neurogenesis, including correct neuron positioning, dendritic development and synapse formation (By similarity). General protein kinase capable of phosphorylating several known proteins. Phosphorylates TBC1D4. Signals downstream of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI(3)K) to mediate the effects of various growth factors such as platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF), epidermal growth factor (EGF), insulin and insulin-like growth factor I (IGF-I). Plays a role in glucose transport by mediating insulin-induced translocation of the GLUT4 glucose transporter to the cell surface. Mediates the antiapoptotic effects of IGF-I. Mediates insulin-stimulated protein synthesis by phosphorylating TSC2 at 'Ser-939' and 'Thr-1462', thereby activating mTORC1 signaling and leading to both phosphorylation of 4E-BP1 and in activation of RPS6KB1. Promotes glycogen synthesis by mediating the insulin-induced activation of glycogen synthase. The activated form can suppress FoxO gene transcription and promote cell cycle progression. Essential for the SPATA13-mediated regulation of cell migration and adhesion assembly and disassembly.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in all human cell types so far analyzed. The Tyr-176 phosphorylated form shows a significant increase in expression in breast cancers during the progressive stages i.e. normal to hyperplasia (ADH), ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS), invasive ductal carcinoma (IDC) and lymph node metastatic (LNMM) stages.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in AKT1 are a cause of susceptibility to breast cancer (BC) [MIM:114480]. A common malignancy originating from breast epithelial tissue. Breast neoplasms can be distinguished by their histologic pattern. Invasive ductal carcinoma is by far the most common type. Breast cancer is etiologically and genetically heterogeneous. Important genetic factors have been indicated by familial occurrence and bilateral involvement. Mutations at more than one locus can be involved in different families or even in the same case.
Defects in AKT1 are associated with colorectal cancer (CRC) [MIM:114500].
Defects in AKT1 are associated with susceptibility to ovarian cancer [MIM:604370]; also called susceptibility to familial breast-ovarian cancer type 1 (BROVCA1).
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. AGC Ser/Thr protein kinase family. RAC subfamily.
Contains 1 AGC-kinase C-terminal domain.
Contains 1 PH domain.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
- DomainBinding of the PH domain to the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase alpha (PI(3)K) results in its targeting to the plasma membrane. The PH domain mediates interaction with TNK2 and Tyr-176 is also essential for this interaction.
The AGC-kinase C-terminal mediates interaction with THEM4.
modificationsPhosphorylation on Thr-308, Ser-473 and Tyr-474 is required for full activity. Activated TNK2 phosphorylates it on Tyr-176 resulting in its binding to the anionic plasma membrane phospholipid PA. This phosphorylated form localizes to the cell membrane, where it is targeted by PDPK1 and PDPK2 for further phosphorylations on Thr-308 and Ser-473 leading to its activation. Ser-473 phosphorylation by mTORC2 favors Thr-308 phosphorylation by PDPK1. Ser-473 phosphorylation is enhanced by interaction with AGAP2 isoform 2 (PIKE-A). Ser-473 phosphorylation is enhanced in focal cortical dysplasias with Taylor-type balloon cells.
Ubiquitinated; undergoes both 'Lys-48'- and 'Lys-63'-linked polyubiquitination. TRAF6-induced 'Lys-63'-linked AKT1 ubiquitination is critical for phosphorylation and activation. When ubiquitinated, it translocates to the plasma membrane, where it becomes phosphorylated. When fully phosphorylated and translocated into the nucleus, undergoes 'Lys-48'-polyubiquitination catalyzed by TTC3, leading to its degradation by the proteasome.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Cell membrane. Nucleus after activation by integrin-linked protein kinase 1 (ILK1). Nuclear translocation is enhanced by interaction with TCL1A. Phosphorylation on Tyr-176 by TNK2 results in its localization to the cell membrane where it is targeted for further phosphorylations on Thr-308 and Ser-473 leading to its activation and the activated form translocates to the nucleus.
- Entrez Gene: 395928 Chicken
- Entrez Gene: 280991 Cow
- Entrez Gene: 207 Human
- Entrez Gene: 11651 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 24185 Rat
- Omim: 164730 Human
- SwissProt: Q01314 Cow
- SwissProt: P31749 Human
- SwissProt: P31750 Mouse
- SwissProt: P47196 Rat
- Unigene: 525622 Human
- Unigene: 6645 Mouse
- Unigene: 11422 Rat
- AKT 1 antibodyAKT antibodyAKT1 antibody
- AKT1_HUMAN antibodyC AKT antibodycAKT antibodyMGC99656 antibodyPKB antibodyPKB-ALPHA antibodyPRKBA antibodyProtein Kinase B Alpha antibodyProtein kinase B antibodyProto-oncogene c-Akt antibodyRAC Alpha antibodyRAC alpha serine/threonine protein kinase antibodyRAC antibodyRAC PK Alpha antibodyRac protein kinase alpha antibodyRAC Serine/Threonine Protein Kinase antibodyRAC-alpha serine/threonine-protein kinase antibodyRAC-PK-alpha antibodyv akt murine thymoma viral oncogene homolog 1 antibodyvAKT Murine Thymoma Viral Oncogene Homolog 1 antibody
Anti-AKT1 antibody images
All lanes : Anti-AKT1 antibody (ab91505) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : MCF7 (Human breast adenocarcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 : HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 3 : Jurkat (Human T cell lymphoblast-like cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 4 : HepG2 (Human hepatocellular liver carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 5 : PC12 (Rat adrenal pheochromocytoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 6 : RAW 264.7 (Mouse leukaemic monocyte macrophage cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 7 : NIH 3T3 (Mouse embryonic fibroblast cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Goat polyclonal Secondary Antibody to Rabbit IgG - H&L (HRP), pre-adsorbed at 1/5000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 55 kDa
Observed band size : 53 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Additional bands at : 60 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time : 8 minutes
ICC/IF image of ab91505 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody ab91505 at 5µg/ml overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was DyLight® 488 goat anti- rabbit (ab96899) IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM. This antibody also gave a positive result in HepG2 (4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min)), and also in all methanol fixed (100%, 5min) cell lines.
Anti-AKT1 antibody (ab91505) at 1 µg/ml +
AKT1 protein (Active) (ab79792) at 0.1 µg
Goat polyclonal Secondary Antibody to Rabbit IgG - H&L (HRP), pre-adsorbed (ab97080) at 1/5000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Exposure time : 30 seconds
References for Anti-AKT1 antibody (ab91505)
ab91505 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.