Anti-AKT1 (phospho S473) antibody (ab66138)
- Product nameAnti-AKT1 (phospho S473) antibodySee all AKT1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to AKT1 (phospho S473)
- SpecificityThis antibody does not cross react with non-phosphorylated AKT1 or with other unrelated phosphorylated serines. It may also cross react with phosphorylated AKT2 (S473) and AKT3 (S473) based on sequence homology.
- Tested applicationsIHC-P, ICC/IF, ELISA, Dot Blot, IHC-Fr, WB, IP more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Chicken, Dog
Synthetic phosphopeptide (human) containing S473 from AKT1. (QFSpYS)
- Positive controlWhole cell lysate from PDGF stimulated 3T3 cells. This antibody gave a positive signal in the following Methanol fixed cell lines: MCF-7.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: Tris buffered saline, pH 7.2, containing antibody stabilizer.
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab66138 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
|ELISA||ELISA: Use a concentration of 0.01 - 0.1 µg/ml.|
|Dot Blot||Dot: 1/2000.|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 0.1 - 0.2 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 60 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 56 kDa).Can be blocked with AKT1 peptide (ab111761).
Blocking is recommended with BSA. Non-fat dry milk and PBS should be avoided.
|IP||IP: Use a concentration of 2 - 5 µg/ml.|
- FunctionPlays a role as a key modulator of the AKT-mTOR signaling pathway controlling the tempo of the process of newborn neurons integration during adult neurogenesis, including correct neuron positioning, dendritic development and synapse formation (By similarity). General protein kinase capable of phosphorylating several known proteins. Phosphorylates TBC1D4. Signals downstream of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI(3)K) to mediate the effects of various growth factors such as platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF), epidermal growth factor (EGF), insulin and insulin-like growth factor I (IGF-I). Plays a role in glucose transport by mediating insulin-induced translocation of the GLUT4 glucose transporter to the cell surface. Mediates the antiapoptotic effects of IGF-I. Mediates insulin-stimulated protein synthesis by phosphorylating TSC2 at 'Ser-939' and 'Thr-1462', thereby activating mTORC1 signaling and leading to both phosphorylation of 4E-BP1 and in activation of RPS6KB1. Promotes glycogen synthesis by mediating the insulin-induced activation of glycogen synthase. The activated form can suppress FoxO gene transcription and promote cell cycle progression. Essential for the SPATA13-mediated regulation of cell migration and adhesion assembly and disassembly.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in all human cell types so far analyzed. The Tyr-176 phosphorylated form shows a significant increase in expression in breast cancers during the progressive stages i.e. normal to hyperplasia (ADH), ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS), invasive ductal carcinoma (IDC) and lymph node metastatic (LNMM) stages.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in AKT1 are a cause of susceptibility to breast cancer (BC) [MIM:114480]. A common malignancy originating from breast epithelial tissue. Breast neoplasms can be distinguished by their histologic pattern. Invasive ductal carcinoma is by far the most common type. Breast cancer is etiologically and genetically heterogeneous. Important genetic factors have been indicated by familial occurrence and bilateral involvement. Mutations at more than one locus can be involved in different families or even in the same case.
Defects in AKT1 are associated with colorectal cancer (CRC) [MIM:114500].
Defects in AKT1 are associated with susceptibility to ovarian cancer [MIM:604370]; also called susceptibility to familial breast-ovarian cancer type 1 (BROVCA1).
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. AGC Ser/Thr protein kinase family. RAC subfamily.
Contains 1 AGC-kinase C-terminal domain.
Contains 1 PH domain.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
- DomainBinding of the PH domain to the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase alpha (PI(3)K) results in its targeting to the plasma membrane. The PH domain mediates interaction with TNK2 and Tyr-176 is also essential for this interaction.
The AGC-kinase C-terminal mediates interaction with THEM4.
modificationsPhosphorylation on Thr-308, Ser-473 and Tyr-474 is required for full activity. Activated TNK2 phosphorylates it on Tyr-176 resulting in its binding to the anionic plasma membrane phospholipid PA. This phosphorylated form localizes to the cell membrane, where it is targeted by PDPK1 and PDPK2 for further phosphorylations on Thr-308 and Ser-473 leading to its activation. Ser-473 phosphorylation by mTORC2 favors Thr-308 phosphorylation by PDPK1. Ser-473 phosphorylation is enhanced by interaction with AGAP2 isoform 2 (PIKE-A). Ser-473 phosphorylation is enhanced in focal cortical dysplasias with Taylor-type balloon cells.
Ubiquitinated; undergoes both 'Lys-48'- and 'Lys-63'-linked polyubiquitination. TRAF6-induced 'Lys-63'-linked AKT1 ubiquitination is critical for phosphorylation and activation. When ubiquitinated, it translocates to the plasma membrane, where it becomes phosphorylated. When fully phosphorylated and translocated into the nucleus, undergoes 'Lys-48'-polyubiquitination catalyzed by TTC3, leading to its degradation by the proteasome.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Cell membrane. Nucleus after activation by integrin-linked protein kinase 1 (ILK1). Nuclear translocation is enhanced by interaction with TCL1A. Phosphorylation on Tyr-176 by TNK2 results in its localization to the cell membrane where it is targeted for further phosphorylations on Thr-308 and Ser-473 leading to its activation and the activated form translocates to the nucleus.
- AKT 1 antibodyAKT antibodyAKT1 antibody
- AKT1_HUMAN antibodyC AKT antibodycAKT antibodyMGC9965 antibodyMGC99656 antibodyOncogene AKT1 antibodyPKB antibodyPKB-ALPHA antibodyPRKBA antibodyProtein Kinase B Alpha antibodyProtein kinase B antibodyProto-oncogene c-Akt antibodyRAC Alpha antibodyRAC alpha serine/threonine protein kinase antibodyRAC antibodyRAC PK Alpha antibodyRac protein kinase alpha antibodyRAC Serine/Threonine Protein Kinase antibodyRAC-alpha serine/threonine-protein kinase antibodyRAC-PK-alpha antibodyv akt murine thymoma viral oncogene homolog 1 antibodyvAKT Murine Thymoma Viral Oncogene Homolog 1 antibody
Anti-AKT1 (phospho S473) antibody images
1µg peptide blotted onto a nitrocellulose membrane, followed by ab66138 at 1/2000 dilution. A: AKT1 (pS473) peptide B: AKT1 non-phosphopeptide C: non-related phosphopeptide
All lanes : Anti-AKT1 (phospho S473) antibody (ab66138) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Whole cell lysate derived from PDGF stimulated 3T3
Lane 2 : Whole cell lysate derived from PDGF stimulated 3T3 with immunising peptide
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Predicted band size : 56 kDa
Observed band size : 60 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
ab66138 staining AKT1 in Mouse embryonic stem cells by Immunocytochemistry/Immunofluorescence. The cells were 4% PFA fixed and permeabilized in 0.1% Triton prior to blocking in 10% serum for 30 minutes at room temperature. The primary antibody was diluted 1/1000 and incubated with the sample for 12 hours at 4°C. The secondary antibody was an Alexa Fluor® 594-conjugated Goat anti-Rabbit polyclonal, diluted 1/1500.
ab66138 staining phospho AKT1 in Mouse embryonic tissue sections by Immunohistochemistry (IHC-Fr - frozen sections). Tissue was fixed with paraformaldehyde, permeabilized with 0.1% Triton and blocked with 10% serum for 1 hour at 22°C. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/500 in blocking buffer (1/10)) for 16 hours at 4°C. An Alexa Fluor®488-conjugated Goat anti-rabbit polyclonal (1/1000) was used as the secondary antibody.
Predicted band size : 56 kDa
ICC/IF image of ab66138 stained MCF-7 cells. The cells were 100% methanol fixed (5 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody ab66138 at 1µg/ml overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was DyLight® 488 goat anti- rabbit (ab96899) IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
References for Anti-AKT1 (phospho S473) antibody (ab66138)
This product has been referenced in:
- Fukuoka H et al. HER2/ErbB2 receptor signaling in rat and human prolactinoma cells: strategy for targeted prolactinoma therapy. Mol Endocrinol 25:92-103 (2011). WB ; Rat . Read more (PubMed: 21106881) »
- Thrush AB et al. A single prior bout of exercise protects against palmitate-induced insulin resistance despite an increase in total ceramide content. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 300:R1200-8 (2011). WB ; Rat . Read more (PubMed: 21325642) »