Anti-AKT1 (phospho T308) antibody (ab5626)
- Product nameAnti-AKT1 (phospho T308) antibodySee all AKT1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to AKT1 (phospho T308)
- Tested applicationsIHC-P, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
Predicted to work with: Rat, Chicken, Cow, Human, Xenopus laevis
Synthetic peptide: DGATMKTpFCGTPE, corresponding to amino acids 302-314 of Mouse Protein Kinase B.
- Positive control
- NIH-3T3 cell lysate.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium Azide
Constituents: PBS, 1mg/ml BSA
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab5626 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 21785161|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 56 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 56 kDa).Can be blocked with AKT1 peptide (ab5851).|
- FunctionPlays a role as a key modulator of the AKT-mTOR signaling pathway controlling the tempo of the process of newborn neurons integration during adult neurogenesis, including correct neuron positioning, dendritic development and synapse formation (By similarity). General protein kinase capable of phosphorylating several known proteins. Phosphorylates TBC1D4. Signals downstream of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI(3)K) to mediate the effects of various growth factors such as platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF), epidermal growth factor (EGF), insulin and insulin-like growth factor I (IGF-I). Plays a role in glucose transport by mediating insulin-induced translocation of the GLUT4 glucose transporter to the cell surface. Mediates the antiapoptotic effects of IGF-I. Mediates insulin-stimulated protein synthesis by phosphorylating TSC2 at 'Ser-939' and 'Thr-1462', thereby activating mTORC1 signaling and leading to both phosphorylation of 4E-BP1 and in activation of RPS6KB1. Promotes glycogen synthesis by mediating the insulin-induced activation of glycogen synthase. The activated form can suppress FoxO gene transcription and promote cell cycle progression. Essential for the SPATA13-mediated regulation of cell migration and adhesion assembly and disassembly.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in all human cell types so far analyzed. The Tyr-176 phosphorylated form shows a significant increase in expression in breast cancers during the progressive stages i.e. normal to hyperplasia (ADH), ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS), invasive ductal carcinoma (IDC) and lymph node metastatic (LNMM) stages.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in AKT1 are a cause of susceptibility to breast cancer (BC) [MIM:114480]. A common malignancy originating from breast epithelial tissue. Breast neoplasms can be distinguished by their histologic pattern. Invasive ductal carcinoma is by far the most common type. Breast cancer is etiologically and genetically heterogeneous. Important genetic factors have been indicated by familial occurrence and bilateral involvement. Mutations at more than one locus can be involved in different families or even in the same case.
Defects in AKT1 are associated with colorectal cancer (CRC) [MIM:114500].
Defects in AKT1 are associated with susceptibility to ovarian cancer [MIM:604370]; also called susceptibility to familial breast-ovarian cancer type 1 (BROVCA1).
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. AGC Ser/Thr protein kinase family. RAC subfamily.
Contains 1 AGC-kinase C-terminal domain.
Contains 1 PH domain.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
- DomainBinding of the PH domain to the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase alpha (PI(3)K) results in its targeting to the plasma membrane. The PH domain mediates interaction with TNK2 and Tyr-176 is also essential for this interaction.
The AGC-kinase C-terminal mediates interaction with THEM4.
modificationsPhosphorylation on Thr-308, Ser-473 and Tyr-474 is required for full activity. Activated TNK2 phosphorylates it on Tyr-176 resulting in its binding to the anionic plasma membrane phospholipid PA. This phosphorylated form localizes to the cell membrane, where it is targeted by PDPK1 and PDPK2 for further phosphorylations on Thr-308 and Ser-473 leading to its activation. Ser-473 phosphorylation by mTORC2 favors Thr-308 phosphorylation by PDPK1. Ser-473 phosphorylation is enhanced by interaction with AGAP2 isoform 2 (PIKE-A). Ser-473 phosphorylation is enhanced in focal cortical dysplasias with Taylor-type balloon cells.
Ubiquitinated; undergoes both 'Lys-48'- and 'Lys-63'-linked polyubiquitination. TRAF6-induced 'Lys-63'-linked AKT1 ubiquitination is critical for phosphorylation and activation. When ubiquitinated, it translocates to the plasma membrane, where it becomes phosphorylated. When fully phosphorylated and translocated into the nucleus, undergoes 'Lys-48'-polyubiquitination catalyzed by TTC3, leading to its degradation by the proteasome.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Cell membrane. Nucleus after activation by integrin-linked protein kinase 1 (ILK1). Nuclear translocation is enhanced by interaction with TCL1A. Phosphorylation on Tyr-176 by TNK2 results in its localization to the cell membrane where it is targeted for further phosphorylations on Thr-308 and Ser-473 leading to its activation and the activated form translocates to the nucleus.
- Entrez Gene: 395928 Chicken
- Entrez Gene: 280991 Cow
- Entrez Gene: 207 Human
- Entrez Gene: 11651 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 24185 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 399170 Xenopus laevis
- Omim: 164730 Human
- SwissProt: Q01314 Cow
- SwissProt: P31749 Human
- SwissProt: P31750 Mouse
- SwissProt: P47196 Rat
- SwissProt: Q98TY9 Xenopus laevis
- Unigene: 525622 Human
- Unigene: 6645 Mouse
- Unigene: 11422 Rat
- Unigene: 738 Xenopus laevis
- AKT 1 antibody
- AKT antibody
- AKT1 antibody
- AKT1_HUMAN antibody
- C AKT antibody
- CAKT antibody
- MGC9965 antibody
- MGC99656 antibody
- Murine thymoma viral (vakt) oncogene homolog 1 antibody
- Oncogene AKT1 antibody
- PKB Akt antibody
- PKB antibody
- PKB antibody
- PKB-ALPHA antibody
- PKBalpha antibody
- PRKBA antibody
- Protein Kinase B Alpha antibody
- Protein kinase B antibody
- Proto-oncogene c-Akt antibody
- RAC Alpha antibody
- RAC alpha serine/threonine protein kinase antibody
- RAC antibody
- RAC PK Alpha antibody
- RAC Serine/Threonine Protein Kinase antibody
- RAC-alpha serine/threonine-protein kinase antibody
- RAC-PK-alpha antibody
- V AKT Murine Thymoma Viral Oncogene Homolog 1 antibody
- vAKT Murine Thymoma Viral Oncogene Homolog 1 antibody
- VAKT Murine Thymona Viral Oncogene 1 antibody
Anti-AKT1 (phospho T308) antibody images
Immunohistochemical analysis of rat tongue tissue, staining AKT1 (phospho T308) with ab5626.
Tissue was fixed with Bouin's fixative and blocked with 0.2% Casein in sodium carbonate buffer (pH 9.6) for 30 minutes at 22°C; antigen retrieval was by heat mediation in a Tris-EDTA buffer (pH 9). Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/150 in 10% goat serum + 1% BSA + 0.05 thiomerosal) for 16 hours at 4°C. An AlexaFluor®488-conjugated goat anti-rabbit polyclonal IgG (1/500) was used as the secondary antibody.
References for Anti-AKT1 (phospho T308) antibody (ab5626)
This product has been referenced in:
- Sobinoff AP et al. Staying alive: PI3K pathway promotes primordial follicle activation and survival in response to 3MC-induced ovotoxicity. Toxicol Sci 128:258-71 (2012). IHC-P ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 22505044) »
- Sobinoff AP et al. Understanding the Villain: DMBA-induced preantral ovotoxicity involves selective follicular destruction and primordial follicle activation through PI3K/Akt and mTOR signaling. Toxicol Sci 123:563-75 (2011). IHC-P ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 21785161) »